Greenview Park ramp

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by slab-happy, Oct 7, 2007.

1. slab-happy

slab-happy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hello.....everybody, new here..

Anybody lanch from or bank/fish around the Greenview Park ramp aka Greenwood Boat Docks???

2. slab-happy

slab-happy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I forgot to add: Greenview/Greenwood boat docks is in Pressure Ridge Park area, Louiville Ky on the Ohio river. I used to lanch there often and also would see alot of people bank fishing there on both sides of the ramp. A couple times a year there would be a large group of catfishermen that would start their tournament from there. I was always impressed with their rigs. Some high dollar and low dollar boats but they all were set up right for catfishing. There were some high dollar bait tanks in most and some good homemade too. That is one area that I will be giving alot of attension to on my new project boat (bait tank)

3. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Hey Marvin,
    Welcome to the most informative fishing site you will find. Lots of good info and stories to share. I haven't been up river that far yet, but planning on when this heat breaks a little, live in West Point and fish from LG&E power plant down to where the old dam used to be. :001:

Linda

BE SAFE

4. Ducati Monster

Ducati Monster New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Last time I was there they were overhaulin' the whole park. (last year) Should be awesome once it's done.

5. slab-happy

slab-happy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    "SORRY"..... I got the name wrong. Its ' Riverview Park '. I have always known it as Greewood boat docks.

6. Crazy_Cooter

Crazy_Cooter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    River View/Greenwood ramp is the one I use the most. The only problem is there is no courtesy dock, you have to beach your boat on the sandy side (watch out for rocks), or have a buddy there that knows how to back up a trailer.

I like this ramp the best because I only have to go up river about a mile to a warm water discharge thats loaded with skipjack and shad. All sizes of skips from 4" all the way to a couple of pounds. If shad is what your after it usually only takes one throw of the net.

Does anyone know of any good holes in this area? I have caught good numbers of fish around here, but it has been hit or miss. I am looking for an area that has more structure, and might be a little more consistant.

7. Ducati Monster

Ducati Monster New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Hey, rode my bike up to the park, only to find a newly paved rode. My above post is wrong. The park's revamp hasn't really started. They still have the plans posted thou... Looks like a big project.

Lil off subject here, but I noticed a LMPD cam mounted above the boat ramp. Is the neigborhood that bad now-days?

8. Crazy_Cooter

Crazy_Cooter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Was anyone else at Riverview this morning? I had a heck of a time getting my boat out of the water because of the "Spirit of the Jefferson" hogging up the whole ramp. I thought I was lost when I came back down river and saw her parked there at the ramp. One of the crew said they were giving free boat rides there today, something about celebrating the new remodeling of the park.

Did pretty good this morning though. 3 blues, smallest one weighed 18lbs, and 1 flathead that weighed 7lbs. All were caught on VERY large pieces of cut skipjack, fished over 30-35 feet of water.