Greenup Pool tonight

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Slatebar, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I am going for gills shortly and plan to hit the Greenup Pool of the Ohio tonight. Will probably be fishing one of the spots in the Crown City area. Don't have a buddy tonight so will probably only stay out till 11:00 or so. The Kananawh (sp) keeps calling my name, but I think I will hit Greenup tonight and Kananawh Friday.Great fishing in both pools.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Good Luck tonight! When you get down this way(past the Big Sandy) give a holler. There's also some good fishing down close to the Little Sandy. Thats the area we've been fishing a lot lately.

3. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    John, I hope to be down that way soon. Will give you a yell when I go. Was planning to hit the Big Sandy this past week end but the one friend I was going with got sick and couldn't make it. So another guy and I fished local. I don't think I have ever fished the Little Sandy. Fish the BS from the Louisia area to the Big O.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck tonight John. Not sure if you rely to much on the moon but it's pretty much full now just a fyi.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I haven't fished the Little Sandy much, mostly from the boat ramp out to the Ohio. It gets awful shallow if you turn right from the ramp. Me and mankind hit a sand bar earlier in the year up it a little ways and haven't been back up it since. There are some good spots close to the mouth of the LS on the Ohio.

6. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    OK, I drove almost to Crown City Ramp and the Kananawh kept calling my name. So I turned around and launched at Gallipolis ramp and headed about 7-8 miles up the Kananawh about 5:00 PM. Very happy I did. Had a great night. I only had a little over a dozen Bluegills and fished until I ran out about 10:30. Had several good runs. One took a lot of line with the drag set pretty tight and fought for at least 5 minutes before he got in some brush and I lost him. I just could never get control of him. I boated one about 8-9 lbs. had a couple more good runs and then boated one that would probly go over 20. Had another hook up with what felt to be a good size fish but lost him. All in All a great night, full moon and Jack Green playing on the sterio. If I had taken more bait I would have definantly made an all nighter of it. BTW. You couldn't pay me to eat a fish out of those rivers so fish were released.

Attached Files:

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the nice fish

8. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catches!!!

9. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    glad you caught fish congrats

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    sounds like a heck of a night congrats!:wink:

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck brother, keep us posted on how you do!