Greenup Pool last night

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Slatebar, May 25, 2009.

1. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Fished the Greenup Pool near Crown City last night. Got on the river last night about an hour before dark. Anchored at this one spot that almost always produces. We had 18 Blue Gills and buddy brought down a dozen Creek Chubs he bought in Columbus,(only 9 survived the trip down here). I droped line #1 with a gill over the side while getting pole #2 ready and BAM got a run but failed to hook up. About 20 minutes later the other guy brings in a Shovlehead about 24 inches. I had 1 more run and lost it. Just after dark here comes 3 bank fishermem that appeared to be feeling pertty good. They kept getting louder and louder and really being pests so we upped anchor and moved about a mile down river to the mouth of a creek. I caught a Shovlehead about 20 inches and a small Channel and a couple more runs but didn't land them,and friend got another small Shovlehead.He did get what looked to be about a 12-15 pound Shovlehead to the boat but lost it. Called it a night a little after midnight and headed home. We plan to hit the first place again later in week.

2. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    That's just one reason that I prefer fishing from a boat. I can easily pull up anchor and move to another spot when necessary!

3. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with the boat situation, we had a couple a drunks on the bank too. If you ignore them they will go away also.

4. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Our club had a tourney there saturday night.. 1st place caught lil over 124lbs..2nd place was 107lbs and 3rd place caught 97lbs..there are some dandies there , good luck next time you go

5. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Oh by the way there was 1059 lbs of cats caught