Greenup L & D Catfish Trip 9-20-2008

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishjohn, Sep 17, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    A bunch of us are going to get together this Saturday, 9-20-08 and try to hook up into some big cats below the dam on the OH side.
    If anybody wants to meet up we'll probably be there most of the day. Were gonna get there early and catch some fresh skippies and then catfish till were too tired to fish anymore. If you want to come down and fish with us, make a post here or PM me for my # and we'll get all the details straightened out.
    Hope to see more come than did for the Skipjack trip...It'll be a good time whether we catch fish or not.:wink::smile2:

2. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I'm not allowed in Ohio.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    :smile2: Its not bad over there even though its a foreign country.:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:
    Regina is/was a Buckeye, you see where we live now...:wink::smile2: I converted her to a bluegrass redneck hillbilly!:smile2:
    Like I've told you, I've caught a lot more fish on that side of the river, not sure why but I have...:confused2::smile2:

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck on the trip . ? is there more current on that side ?

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks, the way this bad year is going its gotta change sooner or later!!!
    On the Ohio side there is a lot more current, esp. when they are running water. The KY side there isn't as bad for the current and less snags.

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Seems the current side would hold the channels and blues less current the flatties .

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

That does sound like it makes good sense.:wink: I'd rather chase the Flatties myself...:wink::smile2:

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I LIKE CATCHING FISH :wink: and I'm not picky flatties, blue, channels, Makes me no difference as long as it is big enough to put up a good fight.:big_smile: The fight is what puts a smile on my face:big_smile: