Greenup L & D Catfish Trip 9-20-2008

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by catfishjohn, Sep 17, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    A bunch of us are going to get together this Saturday, 9-20-08 and try to hook up into some big cats below the dam on the OH side.
    If anybody wants to meet up we'll probably be there most of the day. Were gonna get there early and catch some fresh skippies and then catfish till were too tired to fish anymore. If you want to come down and fish with us, make a post here or PM me for my # and we'll get all the details straightened out.
    Hope to see more come than did for the Skipjack trip...It'll be a good time whether we catch fish or not.:wink::smile2:

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    IT"S PARTY TIME!!!!!!! sure hope they are biting as good as skippies were when we was down there:wink::smile2::cool2: JERK'EM OUT JOOHN You can bet I'll have a different pole this week end.

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    gET ALL THE SKIPPIES YOU CAN !

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    You can bet on it man!! John said he still has plenty of freezer room and i've taken over part of the chest freezer we have:wink: I hope to get some shad while down there Saturday as well.:wink:

5. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    I ll be there with bells on . Had to dodge a bullet today , got a phone call , it was the boss. He said no more vacations this year for anyone, after talking for a half an hour he gave in and we figured out how someone can work my vacation. Have to work tonight and then I am on vacation , but anything can happen between now and then. I might be on a permanent vacation if things dont change at work. We are looking forward to the trip and meeting new friends and the relaxation. Oh yea and catching a BIG Catfish . LOL :smile2:

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm glad you can still make it. Looking forward to meeting you. If nothing else, I GUARANTEE we'll have a good time! There hasn't been a time that we didn't have a blast. :wink::big_smile:
    I'll warn you, Danny is a a$$hole:crazy::eek:oooh::roll_eyes::wink::smile2: , Adam(junior42) is VERY talkative, you'll never get a word in....:smile2: ,Ken, well Ken is Ken...:wink::smile2:, No, actually, Ken is a Great Guy!!! I've fished with him several times and had a blast!!! If Gary could make it he's a good guy too! I'm just, wel,l I'm just me...:wink::smile2:

I'm looking forward to it. 3 days and we'll all be there giving it 100%!!!!:wink:

7. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    I am looking forward to it too. Sounds like its a real cure going. Cant wait to meet everyone and have some fun

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great trip, good luck fishing and I hope you catch some monsters!!

9. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Sorry I am gonna miss another trip with the mafia !

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Shane, good to see you around! I hope you've had a GREAT time getting to see your Wife and Baby!!! How did you do in the Tourney? Hope you did good Bro!
    I wish you could have went to the Dam 9-11, last Thursday. Me and Ken, also my Dad and Danny came for a little bit and we got a Bunch of Skippies! Ended up with 174 Skippies 4-15" long and one carp(caught on a Sabiki) about 12-15" long.
    Check out the pics and thread. :wink::big_smile:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92620

11. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Parker how long you got off ? Trying to get a head count for the following weekend !

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Don't be sorry, you'll still be there fishing with us!:wink:...Probably skunk my a$$ again and me and Ken fished for over 14 hours, You and Danny left after 8+ hours.:smile2:
    Next weekend its on your home turf! Looking forward to finally meeting and wetting a line with you!:wink::big_smile:

13. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    You guys caught the most cats @ Barkley Besides you caught the only flathead 1 . My wife at most of it tho !:wink::smile2::big_smile:

14. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Just cause it is my home turf don't mean nothing ! Had it not been for barkley my freezer still would be about empty ! not that it is full now either !:smile2:

15. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    I am off the 18th till the 26th.

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a great trip!! Wish I could have made it. I needed that bait!!. Tourny didn't go so well, but we were on "unknown" water. Wife and I had a great time and look forward to future events.

17. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Shane we had a blast. Fished from 9a.m. till 5 p.m. skippies bit all day long. It had been a long time since i had had so much fun.

18. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Did you use light poles and have all the fun?

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I used light gear. Ken's was a little heavier but still worked fine.

20. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    how does one apply to be a member of the tri-state catfish mafia and what are the rites of passage ?