Greensburg resivoir

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kyleco55, Jul 12, 2009.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    anyone know anything recent about the greensburg res.?? i havent fished it in YEARS.. back 7-8 years ago, we caught some decent channels in there, and a few nice flatheads.. Ive heard stories of big flatties, but i havent seen them..

My little one is wanting to go feeshin, so i think im gonna head over there here shortly and give er a try.. hopefully well have a great report when we get home.. hell i might just take his little tent, and some fire wood, and make it a lil camp out for us.. hes only 3, im sure he will appreciate it alot..

2. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    good luck on the fishing

3. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    didnt do worth a hoot.. my little boy caught me tons of gills, but i didnt catch a thing.. seen one guy pull in a 3 lb largemouth.. only action i saw on the lake..

4. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    oh forgot to add.. about half the bait i got, was fish im not familiar with..
    best thing to compare them to would be a type of hybrid bluegill.. the heads looked like bluegills, but the bodys were long and narrow like a bass. they had bright orange and yellow fins and tails, and a yellow/orange spot behind the gills. the rest of the body was a really dark, almost black color.. anyone got a better name for these fish? i just called them bait:smile2:

5. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :eek:oooh:

hmmm...I don't know.

6. Ky_Katter91

Ky_Katter91 New Member

State:
    Northern Ky
    Pumpkinseed perhaps? Green sunfish? or maybe some sort of hybrid. I agree though "bait" would be the best term for anything with scales :cool2:

7. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    It might be a hybrid, say a pumkinseed and a warmouth.