Greensboro, NC good place to shore fish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by vince, Jan 23, 2007.

1. vince

vince New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Looking for a good place to shore fish around Greensboro, NC..I will be visting a buddy and would like a chance to catch a Blue..
    Like to stay within 40 mile radius of Greensboro.

Any advice.

Thanks Vince

2. vince

vince New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    oopps. I will be there in sept.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I don't know of any blue waters right around Greensboro, but High Rock is a few miles south on I-85 from you, as is Badin and Tillery. Maybe catfishrus or tomahawk will drag you out on their boat on those waters. They may be able to give you insight as to where to bank fish.

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Man, you are coming down right in the middle of the fall flathead bite. If I know T-hawk, he'll be flathead fishing in September. I usually target flats in the fall, but I look for blues sometimes too. Flats just pull harder:tounge_out:

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Might be well worth the extra time to go to Lake Gaston or Kerr. They are big cat factories! I hope to do a trip there sometime this year.

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    blues will be harder to get that time of year with the lake turning over at badin in september. could be hit or miss but thats nothng ususally for badin. falls dam might not be too bad but i think they stopped the bank fishing there. you could try the head waters of badin right off hwy 49 from the bank. september i will be santee bound for randolfs tourney. gaston and kerr might be closer for you and would be a good option i never fished either of them. the best blues action here is in the cold part of winter for big blues with badin and tillery. keep us posted when time gets closer and maybe we can help you out better. zakk could help you at gaston with some bank fishing.