Greensboro Boat Show/Fishing Expo

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by billfish76, Jan 3, 2008.

1. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Is anyone planning on going to the Boat show/Fishing Expo at the convention center in Greensboro this weekend???

We are going tomorrow morning and will spend most of the day there.

Hope to meet some of you guys there.

2. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Howdy Cary,
    Yeah, I'll be there on Sunday. SOME of us have to WORK for a living......even Saturdays. lol
    Bigwhiskers

3. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Planning on comeing down to the show around lunch, hopeing to check out the new Sea Hunt Ultra Series, might have to get one.

4. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    I'll be at the Raleigh show Jan 11-13 each day. I hear it is a better show than G'Boro most years and it is closer to me.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I think I'll wait. The only show I want to go to is in Highpoint in Febuary.
    The International Custom Rod Building Expo.:eek:oooh:

6. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I have worked the Charlotte boat show two years in a row and saw very few fishing boats. It appears that they are geared to the big luxury boat and poontoon boats. Bass Pro did have some fishing boats, along with a Ranger dealer, but the kind of boats that catfisherperson look for are scarce.

7. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I would like to go but my wife is expecting twins in about 12 weeks and I gotta catch up alot of things I put off during deer season getting ready for them, plus working third shift kinda puts a damper on your weekends, it seems like you really only have one day off.

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    This was 100% fishing show.

Lots of boat, all of them fishing boats. Everything from 16 foot skiffs to 34 foot Fountains with triple outboards.

Lots and lots and lots of fishing gear. Billfish76 and myself found a dealer of Gamakatsu look-a-like circle hooks at half the cost. Got me a 20 gallon bait tank. Some good deals on cheap cat rods, Driftmaster rod holders in every shape and form, and lots more.

If you have not been it is worth the price of admission. Probably something to go to every couple of years.

9. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Wishi had a BOC hat to wear to the show,make all the bass fishermen upset,guess thats mean but as they say in Texas:eek:l well....lol

10. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    I'll hit the one in Raleigh next weekend HARD! saved all my Christmas cash and sold my other boat!!

11. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina

where in high point ive never heard of it

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
  13. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    My kids would NEVER let me miss out on taking them to that fishing expo. I've been taking them for about the past four years. We always have a blast.

Jon