Greenbo

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by bigkane, Sep 4, 2009.

1. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    I'll probably be heading to Greenbo(aka dead sea) tonight after work to try and catch a state record channel:smile2::smile2::smile2:. I'll let y'all know how it goes. I'll be there around 12:30am, if anyone is interested, send me a pm and we could meet up.

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Good Luck!!

I have never fished that lake, but back in the 70s I had a neighbor who used to clean up on the pan fish there. :big_smile:

3. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Yeah it's still loaded with pan fish and some whopper bass. I worked at Greenbo for 3 years in the late 90's and seen some bass that I thought were grass carp at first glance. It's a very clean lake and idle speed only for boats. If you get a chance you should check it out.

4. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    hey kane the dam is a good place to hook up i know greenbo has some nice channels in the 10 12lb range with a few big boys mixed in. i'm headed for the river tonight again skunked last nite buy my foster son hooked a nice fish that the hook knot failed at the bank:smile2:

5. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    I've been hearing that not many are doing very good on the Big O right now. As for Greenbo, I ended up not making the trip last night. I got stuck over at work and by the time I got home, I'd lost the motivation. Thanks for the info on the dam. I've never fished there at night, but it seems like it could be hiding some nice channels.

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "the hook knot failed at the bank"

I hate it when that happens!!!!!

No one/nothing to blame but yourself !!! :sad2: :smile2: