Green worms

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by goingfishin, Feb 13, 2008.

1. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Can anyone tell me where I could buy green worms. Not the worms injected with green dye, the real green worm. Thanks for the help.

2. ShannonLane4

ShannonLane4 Member

State:
    TN
    I always dig them on the the side of the river where the soil is a little sandy. This time of year the ground is to hard to dig for them

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How early in the spring can you dig these green worms? Do you find them mostly in sandy soil? I've heard alot about them as good catfish bait,but have never been able to get hold of any.

4. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    We were talking about them one time and a buddy said ,laughingly, that he found them by digging in the river bank where he noticed someone else had been digging.
    Hey it ain't scientific but it worked. lol

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I live right buy a creek called MILL CREEK. The guy I bought my boat from came today and told me to wait till it warms up and he would take me down to a muddy bank down there. He said when you see holes in the mud start diging. He also told me that they can not sale them do to some chemical that they have in them he it pretty bad stuff if you touch yer eyes. But when ever he takes me to some I let ya'll know.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the info, I didn't even know that green worms could be natural

7. youngbuck

youngbuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i have no clue where you can find green worms at

8. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    CJ,they cant sell them anywhere as far as i know due to the poison in them.you can dig for them along the bank in sandy,leafy,dirty,stinky soil along the shunga,any creek,or the ks river.i have found them in all those places.

9. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    youngbuck,check your pants

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I agree with this. Thats where I always get mine at. The smell is hard to get off your hands but well worth it if you can find them. It'll probably be Spring before I'll attempt to dig for any.