Green Worms

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by seeker, Aug 4, 2009.

1. seeker

seeker New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hi guys, was wondering if someone could give me some pointers on what to look for to find a good place to dig green worms.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Your 4th post in over two years. Good luck. :cool2:

3. Greasy Ham

Greasy Ham New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Hey tough guy. Merely pointin out that hes been a member for over 2 years and this was only his 4th post. If you got a problem with that. Shove it where the sun don't shine. I could give a rats arse less what you or anyone else thinks of my statement. Got anything else to say cause we can keep this goin if ya like. :wink:

5. fish_head

fish_head New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Do y'all even know what the guy was talking about- green worms? Thats a bait in Kentucky.
    Oh its a fishing thing :eek:oooh:

6. kd608

kd608 New Member

State:
    ky
    have not used green worms since I was a kid, too many years ago to talk about, but we always dug them on the river bank at our favorite fishin hole can't remember anything special to look for, just trial and error

7. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    We only find them on them riverbanks in sandy soil and the closer to trees the better.I always look around the small bridges that go over these streams and rivers usually there will be a pull off close.Just look for the traces of recent digging and start there.Please always remeber to fill your holes back in.Nothing like busting you arse trying to dig bait by flashlight.:eek:oooh:

8. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    i found some today digging holes to plant some bushes out near dixie highway in some nasty wet clay soil they werent real big but they never are they just stink haha!:big_smile:

9. fishfever

fishfever New Member

State:
    ky
    my longtime friend used to tell me bout the worms. He said he got them close to the Kentucky river, and said they smelled awful..... I never got to try any but he said they were great for catfish

10. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Heck i had never seen any green earthworms till last weekend when i went to cherokee to fish . I thought it was just something they fed the or the type of bedding matl. they used to grow them that made them green.I bought mine at the bait shop call green mountain worms i know they would sure stain your hands green