Green with Envy

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gruffy911, Jul 21, 2009.

1. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Got on the water about 6:30 a.m. this morning at Blyth Ferry on Chickamauga Lake on the Tn. river this morning. A little short run down to the bluff and we popped open the chicken livers and started drifting. About an hour passed before I got a 5lb. and then in a few min. my fishing buddy got one and a little squeaker that fell off. Well that was it for us. Not another fish. They wasn't pulling any water at all at the damn. We hit every hole we knew up river from Blyth Ferry and still nothing. We left about 12:00 and headed home. After a shower and a good long nap I get up and read that Mark got a 35lb.er just down the river. Well looks like I going to have to change baits or start holding my mouth different or something, I'm green with envy Mark.:eek:oooh:

2. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    Gruffy just keep it in the water and mix up the baits thats what I have been told to do I have have down well at the lake not so good on the river.:wink::smile2:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009

3. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    :eek:oooh:

Gruffy I was using the largest shiners that I have found from a little bait shop that is actually out of my way to the lake but well worth the extra time it takes. I have been fishinf for well over 30 years and it took that long to catch that fish. I have devoted more time on the water the last year after getting a new boat. I actually had to take the end of the year off last year from fish for shoulder surgery, so I have devoted a lot more time this year to trying to get out on the water. Try different baits be patient and it will happen when you least expect it.

That is some good advice from David about changing it up with the baits. I plan on trying bluegills Saturday morning and see how I do.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  4. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks guys for the encouragement. I plan on trying some cut bait or some chad next time I go. My son went Sat. evening and early nite and didn't get a bite. They were pulling some water too. It's a mystery to me because we had been doing pretty good. The fish don't just quit using a place if there are bait fish there do they? Catfish don't migrate around the lake like Stripers do they? I'll keep going and trying different baits and new places. When I quit bass fishing, I thought I was through running all over the place looking for the fish but I guess not huh?:confused2:

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Dave. Good luck fishing.