Green Valley Lake - Going fishing this afternoon (3-25-07)

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by 390fe, Mar 25, 2007.

1. 390fe

390fe New Member

State:
    Creston, Iowa,
    I'm taking the kids out to the north end of Green Valley lake here in Creston this afternoon. I think we'll fish on the rock jetty that runs across the north end. There is a drainage pipe under the jetty that allows the upper portion to drain into the lower section. I'll roughly be fishing the old creek bed with cut shad. The wind is out of the south today. I'll probably set the kids up with bobbers and crawlers. I'll post a report later today. And I'll take a camera. I alos need to find my laminated copies of the topography of the local lakes.

2. 390fe

390fe New Member

State:
    Creston, Iowa,
    Well, it was way too windy to fish at our first location, so we went down to the south end of the lake and drowned some worms. The only bite we had was when I brought in my cat rig and something stole my cut shad.

On a good note, the kids had a good time, and I finally figured out how to cast that baitcasting rig I bought years ago.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Jason, Green Valley Lake s one of My Favorite Lakes to Drift fo Channel Cat.A Person can Knock Um dead Somedays. most always use Fresh cut bait for driftig. Thanks for the report. J.D.
    :byebye:

4. 390fe

390fe New Member

State:
    Creston, Iowa,
    Maybe next time, I'll have the boat on the water. I've got a pair of trailer tires that need attention, and a 1957 Johnson to coax to life.