Green submersible fishing lights

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catamount311, Dec 1, 2009.

1. catamount311

catamount311 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'd like to get some feed back on the productiveness of green fishing lights. I'm thinking about purchasing one to bring in baitfish around my dock. Problem is the cheap one's get horrible reviews and the expensive ones are just that, expensive. Will it be worth the investment to purchase one?

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i havent seen one work that did any different than a halogen work light

3. catamount311

catamount311 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yeah i've been using a halogen i guess you would call it a painters light. Seems to work alright.

4. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    http://hi.atgimg.com/img/p/559/177635_family.jpg use this... also used a green heat lamp type bulb with a reflective shield but only to cut down on the glare...shines mostly on the bank anyhow..cant tell much differance with a light or with out on the bank..on the dock the gar love em lol

5. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    these lights are nothing but a sting of green 12 volt LED's they are suspose to attrack zooplankton which in return attrack baitfish. go to wallyworld and buy a green led headlamp and hang it over the water in one spot and a regular white led in another and see if there is a difference before you spend alot on this. you can still use the headlamps for night fishing, not a waste.

6. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    back when i used to crappie fish at night with my dad,we started using a submersable flourescent green light and from my exsperience they do work better than regular lights.the shad use to be so thick it was almost imposible to detect a real light bite,and often even hooked shad just reeling in real fast.just my exsperience though,an we were under bridges.

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    shoulda got me a bucket of em lol

8. I don't think the color matters, heck, when I back my boat trailer in at night, The red and orange LEDS from the lights have baitfish all over them, even right now going into winter!:eek:oooh:

9. bobs bait

bobs bait New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i bought one from aguy who made some was less then 100 dollars and i love mine will bring the bait to the lite but if you want to do real good find a sodium lite they will pull bait from a green lite bob

10. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

and they are great for growing hydroponics :big_smile: tomoatoes....

11. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    :wink::smile2::wink::wink::smile2::smile2::smile2::cool2::cool2:

12. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Don't you live on Badin? Badin has tons of bait in it. I've never had to draw it in with lights to find it. There is bait from one end of that lake to the other. Shoot me a PM if you need a hand in getting on it. I have used the high dollar ones and the cheapos. I like the starfires myself.

13. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    i have a green one ,but i use it to light up my rods one the boat at nite ,catfish connection has them for 25.00 i like it for what i use it for

14. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    i went to walmart this morning and bought a string of green led chrismas lights (30 per string) that runs off 3-c cell batteries. took a piece of cardboard and wrapped it in alum foil. punched 30 holes randomly and mounted on a piece of styrofoam 3 inches thick 14x30. tried it in the dark and it puts out a lot more light than i would have imagined. the light set was $7.47 total and i am gonna try it tonight if it will quit raining. it is worth a shot and not out of a lot of money.

15. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    please ler us know! that sounds like somethign i would do :smile2:

16. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    i'll try to get some pics on later today.

17. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I can tell you for sure that you can do as good, actually better with a White floating Styrofoam crappie light...think they cost about $12 now at W-Mart. If your handy, they are only made of a single car light in a foam container.

It works for threadfin's, bluebacks, minnows, crappie, and sometimes hungry Hybrids.

Sodium lights are the best but we are talkin about a lot more cost...and power to the dock...but boy do they light up the water and work good ; )

18. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    the onyl dock i fish has tons of outlets..but if you run dual halogens it throws the breaker lol

19. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i'm absolutly positive the submersable flourescent green lights out draw a floating styrofoam light.the car lights work but not near as good.regardless i would'nt use any light while catfishing.

20. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i have a 6' green lite a friend loaned me and now he doesn't want it back. i know it had to cost $150 plus. it works for crappie and trout. it does require carrying an extra battery along. i am gonna try the $14 dollar one from walmart or academy and see if they use less battery.