Green River

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by dcm, Jul 21, 2009.

1. dcm

dcm New Member

State:
    ky
    Any of you fish Green River?
    A friend of mine caught a 41 flat in Muhlenberg yesterday.

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Occasionally I fish the Green river near Spottsville

3. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    Planning to hit the river on Saturday. I hope its got some rise in it.Should be right if it does.

4. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    i have never fished green river but a paylake i used to go to years ago used to get her catfish fro a guy who used to seighn green river she always stocked good 15-20lb flatheads but heck there may not be any left down there i have been wanting to go if you go let us know what you catch

5. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    It was a bust as far as fishing goes. Caught one little ole stripe on a shad head and that was it. Had fresh shad, frozen skipjack, shrimp, and live gills. NOTHING! But it could have been worse, some don't get the chance so I'm not complaining.

6. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    well i went on the ohio all day at westport and only caught one 2 pound flat head i hooked a good one but got off after about 3 minutes i gotta get used to these ganagatzu octopus hooks im loosin to many fish.

7. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive been using those same hooks lately too and have missed many fish. dont know if its the hooks or what, but im very close to switching back to regular hooks.

8. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    yeah im close to switching back or going to something different i was told these hooks basically hooked the fish there self well i have lost alot of catfish with them im using the biggest ones they offer.

9. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    if im not mistaken they offer up to an 18/0 gama circle. or that maybe the sickle hooks im thinking of... it might be gar that is running with your bait or drum... ive been catching a few of them here lately. i use 8/0 and want to go up to either a 10/0 or 12/0 gama oct. circle. so i can quit catching all these bait stealing channels... man they are super attracted to me i think.

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    yes they are!!! you are the channel cat king!!!!:smile2:

11. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    yeah thats all i been catchin is 2-5 pound channels and some small 2-3 pound flaties im wanting some big fish dag gone it:angry: