Green River Talk

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Dreadnaught, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    This is the Place for Green River Q&A's

2. Big Country

Big Country New Member

State:
    Union County, Kentucky
    Hey anybody got any suggestions on the old Green :confused:

3. Jagal

Jagal New Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I'v never fished the Green River before I was jus wondering if it would be worth my time to even try. and if it is what spots seem to produce the big ones?

4. Flatasaurus_Rex

Flatasaurus_Rex New Member

State:
    Henderson, Kentucky
    I was at a Doctors appointment today so i didn't go to school so i decided i wanted to get my hair cut so i went dowtown and i was talkin to the barber we got into talking about big Blues in the Ohio and he said the Green River is the best place for them..Has anyone heard or seen any big blues comin out of the green river...I'm sure there are im just curious?

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Has anyone been fishing the Green river lately? Any reports?

6. Squaretail

Squaretail New Member

State:
    Robards, KY
    Drove over it today going to Ow'boro. Sure looked good. Trying it out tomorrow.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Our next tournament is going to be on the Green River at the Sebree boat ramp on May 19th. Come join in the fun Folks!!!

8. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    My PB blue has come off the green river, down from the Spottsville dam. I catch quite a few blues the at Spottsville dam. I am going out on the Green river tomorrow since the Ohio is rising so much and fast. I am hoping there might be a few skipjacks at the Sebree discharge at Alcan. If not I can always fish around there. I will post any catches tomorrow afternoon.

9. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    dan good luck let me no if you catch any thing

10. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    fished the green river this weekend no luck at all got a few bites but nothing to brag about the green is good to fish if its to windy or the ohio river is up to high for me id rather stay in the ohio river good luck to you all

11. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    same here Bill, I had rather fish the Ohio, but gonna have to find some cats on the Green to.:roll_eyes: Gotta start looking.

12. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I would rather fish the Ohio too Bill. But, it is pretty much raging right now and the wind will be blowing out of the south tomorrow. That will be against the current here in Henderson and no telling how big the swells will be tomorrow. My flat bottom boat does not like rough water too well.

13. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    same here iv got a v on mine an it still dont like it. its fun to get out an try fishing some new places me an old wolf man had fun out looking for some good places to fish on the green seen alot of good holes but not alot of fish in them iv heard alot of people say theres no deep water in the green but we fished some deep holes there some as deep as 50 feet but all in all we had a good time getting out on the water

14. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Where did you dock in at? I am going to try Sebree tomorrow and (fingers crossed) maybe get a few skipps at the Alcan discharge.

15. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i have no idia how the world we got there they had me lost before i left henderson

16. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    The ramp is on Hamilton Ferry Rd. just next to the Audubon parkway where we launched. You can get on Hamilton Ferry Rd from 1554 which intersects with the Parkway.

17. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I bank fished Hamilton's Ferrymany many times when I was younger. Alot of hang ups there now. I caught my first and only eel there. God, that was about 20 years ago. Bill it doesn't take much to get lost on those backroads out that way. LOL

18. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    we need to catch some of those eels for bait. lol