Green River Reservior

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tbischof, Feb 20, 2008.

1. tbischof

tbischof New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Was wondering if anyone could give me some information on Green River Reservior.

Been 20 years since I have been there but close to my folks in New Haven and thinking of making some trips over that way this year.

Any general information would be great.

Which launch would be best to use in search of Cats?

8500 acre lake is a big area and would like to narrow it down a little.

2. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Try fishing or putting your boat in at Smiths Ridge Boat Ramp. It is over where Robinson Creek feeds the Green River.Just get you a map you will have no problem.There are Little Feeder Creeks, Back Waters and Stick Ups.Try to fish around them and also the River Channel itself you will see this on the map also.Good Catfishing there and the White Bass will run up to the head of Robinson Creek in the Spring, Minnows and PopEyes are a good bait for these.I have talked to the Park Rangers and Game Wardens there and they both confirm some Big Channel and Flatheads in this area.Try the Flats at Nighttime is what they suggested useing Live Bait such as Shad, Blue Gills or Creek Chubs.I have caught nice Cats here but no Monsters but the Troutliners and Jug Fisherman have.Good luck and let the Brotherhood know how you did sometimes.:006:

3. tbischof

tbischof New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks appreciate the info