Green River at Morgantown

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by catsey, Jun 11, 2008.

1. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    :roll_eyes:HI!! I AM THINKING ABOUT TRYING THE GREEN RIVER AT MORGANTOWN OVER THE 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND. IF ANYONE KNOWS THIS AREA,RAMPS,CAMPING AND ANY OTHER INFO.,PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
    THANKS, JIM:smile2:

2. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    Catsey,you've got Rochester dam down river from Morgantown. Good place to fish from the bank also there is a ramp above and below the dam. Mudd river emptys in above the dam. Plenty of river to fish between morgantown and Rochester. Cuaght some nice flatties through there. Hope this helps a little.

3. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    THANKS FOR THE HELP. DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT RAMPS AT MORGANTOWN AND FISHING THERE NEAR THE TOWN?:smile2:

4. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    There is a ramp right under the bridge off 231. I would say the fishing would be good all over the river in that area, lots of log jams and good structure for flatheads. I'm not sure but that may be around the time they have their catfish festival and you may be able to catch a tagged fish worth some cash. I think the have a $10000 fish. Contact the Butler Co chamber of commerse for more info.

5. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    THANKS FOR THE SKINNY ON THE RIVER AND ALL. FROM LOOKING THE MAP,MORGANTOWN IS NOT EXACTLY ON THE RIVER. IS THAT RIGHT? ANY CAMPING PLACES ON THE RIVER OR CLOSE BY? WHERE IS HIGHYWAY 231 ,COMING SOUTH FROM CANEYVILLE?
    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. WANT TO FISH WITH US?,
    JIM

6. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    Not sure about camping? 231 is the main road, I used to work down that way. Haven't ever really checked it out or fished it.

7. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    HI:big_smile: MY SON AND I FISHED THE GREEN RIVER YESTERDAY,AT MORGANTOWN. BUEATIFUL RIVER.LOTS OF SNAGS AND GREAT COVER. GREAT PLACE TO LOOSE ALOT OF TACKLE!!! WE WILL TRY SLIP FLOATS IF WE GO AGAIN. JIM:wink: