Green River # 2 Fishing Report 04/17/06

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by DeerHunter01, Apr 18, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well we hit the Green River yesterday again for round 2, man what a day on that river, cloud cover 90% of the day and just about 69* outside it was perfect for fishing.

We fished a couple of big holes on the green 60 to 70 foot deep holes showing alot of fish holding about 28 feet deep right on the edge of the drop off. We rigged up with skipjack and we ended up with three Blue cats with the largest one being 12 Pounds. We are fishing this river system due to the Ohio River is in action stage and to dangerous to fish with all the trees coming down the River. The Green River is alot different place to fish you can run that river 4-5 miles without seeing but one to two fish on the Fish finder and then within a half mile stretch you can mark hundreds of fish lined up all over the place. it takes some getting use too. I know one thing there is more jug fishermen and limb lines then I have seen in a long time stretched up and down the river banks.

Yesterday Stoney and I was sitting on the inside of a bend that was about 180 * turn and the first barge that came down river was throwing such a wake and stirring the water so bad behind it you could see skip jacks jumping out of the water 24 inches high or better and there was alot of skips there too.

It looks like we are going to fish this river a few more times before I can get back out on the Ohio, but at least we are catching some.

Attached Files:

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Here is a few Picture of Stoney's son fishing with us yesterday, he is a hoot to fish with keeps you going all day. I thought maybe you would enjoy seeing some of these.

Attached Files:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good report, lets hope the rain subsides and the ohio gets back down to a fishable level.

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    are the flatheads biting there, or are the blues getting to the bait first?