Green lights

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tufffish, Jun 11, 2007.

1. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i borrowed a green light and went fishing sat nite. it took about 3 hours before we caught fish under the light. have any of you used a green light and how did it work. the minnows showed up in about 30 minutes but it took a while before we started catching fish.

2. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I seem to catch more fish with no light

3. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Thats me i may use a light for bait but it goes off after i get it and move to my spots

4. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I use the green lights all the time for crappie, bass, stripers, white bass, and channel cats---THAT'S IT!!! Once you set the lights out, we have a "golden hour rule" it will take a hour and 4-5 beers before you will get the first bite. We usually dont make the hour mark, but that is our mind set when we set them out. THe bait shows up quite fast, but unless you are sitting on a bunch of fish it takes a while for them to rally up and get to you. Be patient, they will come and what fun it is. Best time is with NO MOON!! THat is the strongest point I can tell ya! Fish under the light, and on the outside dark ring around the light for the bigger fish.:smile2: