Green Lights used to attract fish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bigmike, Jul 17, 2006.

1. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    I have been doing as much reading as possible on fishing to always keep up on learning new tricks and was reading that fish are attracted to green light ( like if you were to drop a glow stick in the water beside your boat ). Is there any truth to it. Has anyone heard or tried this ​

2. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I have a flourescent green light that works as good as a white light. It attracts fish and bugs. I don't know if the light stick would produce enough light to matter much though.

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Their are these small glow sticks that you attach to the tip of your rod and some even smaller to hook to a bobber. Could tie those just above your bait.

4. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i have a 22" green submersible made by qbeam i got from academy for around $20. it does great and brings in lots of bait at night. i use my umbrella net right next to where the light is n catch nice 3 inch spottail minnows also. for power, i have a 12 volt 8 a/h deer feeder battery (also around $20). the light only uses like 1/2 amp per hour, so fully charged i easily get a whole nights fishin outta the light. only thing negative is, its advertised as useable as a camp light as well that doesnt draw insects. umm arent mosquitoes insects? LOL cause it does draw em.

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Don't know how well green light works, but I'll find out in a month. I bought one for TA2Ds birthday. I hear they draw in all the bait you need.

SudDawg

6. Supafox

Supafox New Member

State:
    Hannibal MO
    I just read an article about the hydro-electric dam on Kerr Reservoir in southern Virginia built green lights into the dam to attract bait and game fish.The artical was about flathead and blue cat fishing.The guy in the artical said they really work good for attracting the fish.

7. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I have one of those high dollar green lights and it works very well for the baitfish and the baitfish attract the larger fish, so all in all, YES it does work and if you need more info on that then just pm me and I'll put you in touch with the right person to tell you more.