Green lights- no secret

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by fishnfool68, Jan 16, 2007.

1. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I've seen thier was a thread on this subject in the past.I was wanting to know who has used them and which one are you useing?I believe they do attract some fish,so I'm either going to make one ,or buy one.I was also wondering how long does yours last before you have to recharge,or change batterys.I also wonder though ,I'm sceptical is the "secret" worth the $195?
    I appreciate your opinions,

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I wouldnt wast my money on that one but i think either BPS or cabelas sells the same for much less

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Ditto! No secret! Find the same thing somewhere else much cheaper.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Mike, I've got some dry swampland in Flordia for sale, wanna buy it?

Seriously, the green lights supposedly do work, but you can get them anywhere from wally world to BPS

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Something thats suppose to drive the fish wild and supposedly you're catchin hand over fist. Is that all it is? a green light? I know I wouldn't pay $195 for a green light!:crazy:

6. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    We use lights to catch hybrids - I have green ones that cost less than $20 that work well but have watched other boats tied up close to me using florescent 12 volt lights that worked , Worked good enough that I now have one rigged up to hang over my boats side for this season.
    Seems to me some nights white light is better and some nights green is the one to use.

7. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I've done some checking and I found something about the wave length of green light that travels better in water.I had heard about this years ago from a man (forgot his name)that owned a bait shop in town and was the first bass masters champion.On his weekly radio show he said he had one given to him by a sponser,and he thought it was some kind of gimmic.He said when he tried it,he said he did catch more fish,but it only worked when it was darkto near dark out.Seeing the promo for the evening secret brought this topic back to mind thus I brought it before my experts for more info.I have also found ,according to owners, all green lights are not equil.Some do attract more fish and others use less power thus you can keep on longer.

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Mike,
    I think that the light will not help you catch fish. It might help attract bait fish, but send me the $200 bucks and I'll send you some bait chum. There is also a catfish magnet on the market which claims to drive catfish into a feeding frenzy, but the compnay refused my offer to do a product review for them.