Green fishing lights

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by hawk, Jun 28, 2008.

1. hawk

hawk New Member

State:
    kenton ohio
    Have any of you guys ever tried out these submersible fishing lights that say they attract bait fish and game fish? Just seeing . Would like to know what the out come of this was. wanting to bring the fish to me since getting a boat and going to the fish right now isn't possible .

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    These green lights are primarily used to attract bait fish. They must be in the water for an hour or two before they begin to work. The battery operated ones are best. You can put them in. Go fish somewhere else and then come back to them after they have had time to work

3. elizabuilt

elizabuilt New Member

State:
    Norton, OH
    I have one it is four feet long, and you use a five lb weight to submerge it. I start to notice bait fish after 15 minutes. After its been out there a while if you pay attention you'll see big ones stroll by too.

4. catfishcraz

catfishcraz New Member

State:
    arkansas
    this is something i am curious about too! i have thought about them as much but not heard much news or results. is it a gimmick or does it really work. :confused2: hmmmmm...... need some more feedback, i assume.

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    i own two green submersible lights for boat fishing. they work great for attracting bait fish. i have great success using them. also they don't attract the bugs!! i use one off the main battery and the other is run off the trolling motor battery when anchored up..

Mark..

6. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i have one. it works fairly well. it does attract plenty of bait fish.

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i have the 4 footer too. i have caught tons of fish off of it. it draws in everything.

8. hawk

hawk New Member

State:
    kenton ohio
    thanks for the help i bought one a week ago but won't be able to use till the beginning of August when i come home on leave . Was seeing if any one else has been using them to see if it was worth the money spent on it

9. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for all the info, When you guys say you have the 4 or 5 footer is that the "evening magic" or "catfish secret"? just curious

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I have mixed thoughts on the green lights. The reason is because I've run my regular 12v, floating, white crappie light ( for $8 ) in the same area as friends running green ones. There has never been a difference in the speed or amount of fish attracted to it.

We catch our own blue back and skipjack herring/threadfinn shad every night we fish, and we fish a lot. The light literally draws in thousands of fish...no exaggeration.

In fact, we leave the lights in the water until daylight. Some folks disagree about running lights while catting but it sure didn't matter to that 60LB cat we got a few months ago.

Lights will only work if your picking out the correct spots. That's what makes the difference in the type of bait you draw, how fast hey come in and how many will show up.

So, I say if you have the money to buy green lights go for it. If the money could be spent in another more suitable area then the white lights still work fine.

-Jim-

11. elizabuilt

elizabuilt New Member

State:
    Norton, OH
    the 4 footer is the evening secret, but its made by green magnet.

12. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    thanks for the intel on the light, I suspected something like that.

13. hawk

hawk New Member

State:
    kenton ohio
    its unreal what evening secret wants for them lights . i found a site the has similar lights but they cost less then a 1/4th of what the evening secret cost