Green behind the gills

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by vacatfishwoman, Jan 2, 2007.

1. vacatfishwoman

vacatfishwoman New Member

State:
    Covington,Virgina
    I have been reading some post here and to tell you the truth I have'nt got a clue to were to start cat fishin,I have did a little fishin when I was a youngen but it was for red eye,bass,silverside anything that would jump on my hook,I have always dreamed of doing some real fishing but never have had the oppurtunity to do so or anyone takeing the time to show me or have paitients to teach me the right way,I gots to go once cat fishin a few years back but never even got as much as one little nibble.....dont know if it was the kind of bait ,I was told to use chicken livers,I went at night I guess all them fishes were a sleepin....Maybe my dream will come a reality now that I have vacatfish in my life...I know I am sure excited.And cant wait to hit that water.

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    patience young lady , patience . thats the key to catching cats , but then sometimes beginners luck kicks in and well you know how that goes :lol: get that man to take you out and spend sometime together enjoying the gift God has given the mighty catfish

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I agree. Patience, and learn as much as you can about the fish you are after and the waters you will be fishing before you even head out.

4. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    theres a lot that goes into catfishing, but even beginners can catch on the first day. talk to people in your area and find the water that is best for catfishing. liver should work just fine. welcome to the BOC!

5. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Read every fishing post you can on the BOC. Read articles in Field and Stream, Outdoor life, etc. That gives you the background of fishing. Then you get to the fun part of selecting the tackle you want to land that monster, the hooks, sinkers, floats, swivels, anything else you can put on a line. Read about knots in monofilament and carbon lines, learn how to tie a few basic knots. Then, you wait for a warm, sunny spring day, go to the river/lake, bait up, throw it in the water, lay back and go to sleep. You'll wake up if a big one comes, and if the big one don't, at least you got a nice nap in. See... isn't fishing just great.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Catfish lurk just about anywhere. You can make it as simple or complicated as you want. Avoid cold spring fed streams, and you should do well just about anywhere. Public lakes, impoundments, and natural murky streams and rivers are good places to start. Ask around at your local bait shop. Usually they will have a clue.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Debbie I already have great respect for you. You started your post by admitting you were green and need help. Some people try to tell how much they know and never learn anything. You are going to do fine. :big_smile: I have a feeling that the word green is fading already. Because you have already began recieving lot of catfishing info.:lol:

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    You my lady now have a personal and inside track with one of the "Masters" when it comes to Cat fishing.He has posted many helpful things in the past to help us all.Learn and enjoy.I love you sister.I love my brother too.I am so happy for you both.I envy you.I have always wanted to meet and to fish with Randy.peewee-williams