Greatest Month Ever

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by armynavy, Apr 6, 2006.

1. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have been going to college for along time now as some of you know. Well last year I was nominated to the international honor society called Phi Theta Kappa but that requires a $65 membership that I just couldnt part with so I had to turn it down, which was kind of a bummer, but then I went to a job fair at our sister campus and ended up with what looks to be a very great job with people that actually care about you. So I'm sitting here minding my own business doing school work wishing it was May 17 which is graduation. When the wife brings me the mail.
    There is a letter saying congratulations you have been selected by the faculty of IHCC to receive an "Outstanding Student" award. Students must have a 3.5+ GPA, are actively involved in class, campus activities and other students, are good representatives of IHCC, and contribute to making the college a better place.

And if that wasn't enough to make you swell with tears and pride in addition they submitted my name to the "Who's who among american junior colleges 2006"

And then to put icing on the cake in the same batch of mail $10.00 off a year subscription to the NRA.

Couldn't do back flips so I had to share it with my extended family.

2. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Congrats! Were all happy for you.

3. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    congrats tim,
    thats outstanding ! you should be very proud.
    3.5 is a hard average to achieve . way to go.
    hope you have excellent rewards when you graduate.

4. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Just goes to show that good things DO happen to good people. I'm happy for ya brother.

Mike

5. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Extremely proud of you brother, that's excellent news! Thanks for sharing!

6. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks everyone I can't quit smiling alot of hard work involved over many years. And yes DRC 3.5 is hard and my 3.752 was extreme but with the help of reading all these posts and hearing everyone elses good times and bad made it all worth while. And the wife helped to but we won't tell her don't want her head getting to big. hehe.

7. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    congratulations, I know first hand how hard it is to stay focused during many years of college. I squeaked through with a 2.9 including some incompletes from missing class. Think id have done much better if I was older.

I hope all goes well with your new job and that you enjoy working with the people there

8. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    More power to ya. Isn't all of that hard work worth it? Being recognized is a great honor and congratulations to you. Glad to see you holding down the fort with a 3.752 and I do know how hard it is going thru college and maintaining such high academic achievments. Good things happen to great people and I am sure this is only the beginning for you.

9. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Congrats!! Keep

10. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke

11. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Great job Tim!!!! You have something there to be proud of thats for sure. Always like hearing when someone does great like that.

12. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Congrtats Tim hang in there!

13. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Stellar performance, Tim :thumbsup: You've worked hard and deserve to have good things happen to you. Also, kudos to your wife, as I'm sure she helped out in many ways.

14. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thank you all makes all them sleepless nites worth it.