Great Year For Deer Hunting

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by riverdawg-1, Dec 3, 2007.

1. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    So far it's been a great year for hunting. I have killed 6 so far, still have 2 weeks bow and 3 weeks late muzzleloader. Also have enjoyed getting to hunt with Flathead Willie a few times. I haven't killed any big ones, but deer have been everywhere.
    Chip

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I found some awesome early season spots to late to fill all my tags there. I did fill one tag there. But I cant wait till next years early archery season. I found a small orchard thats tucked away that no one hunts. I also found a valley thats a pain to get into to but theres a big scrape & rub line in it. Heavily used trails. problem is its on stateland and the deer disappear onto neighboring private land when small game and rifle season opens up. I see them coming back on the drive home.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You oughtta have a good store of protien for winter ,Chip. Congrats on your season.

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yea, It's been a good year. Even though I've been pretty busy and couldn't hunt as hard as I wanted to, I still have 6 deer in the freezer and still have late Muzzle Loader season to go. I finally got to met Chip and had a great time hunting with him. Between us we have enough venison to last awhile. Thanks, Brother!

5. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You guys must have an abundance of deer in Va. I think you can harvest 5 in Iowa, and I thought that was alot. Good job on all the deer guys. Keep up the good work!:big_smile:

6. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    6 deer is always a good year. Especially when there are still more season left to go.

7. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Sounds like a good year so far..

8. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Yeah, the deer population has exploded in VA the last 10 years. I just figured it up that if you hunted all seasons everyday and killed 2 a day, the limit, each person could kill 144 deer legally. Only 3 bucks, but as many does as you want.
    Chip