Great weekend!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Dave L, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Well it all started saturday morning I went out duck hunting with my youngest son, my buddy Moeman and Joe we managed to get a few wood ducks. Went out the next morning hunting and came back with a couple geese, a mallard and a teel.
    When I was cleaning the ducks and geese I thought man would this stuff make great cat fish bait. Well I hadn't been out fishing since the NG1 and have been itchen to go. So I put all the guts in a ice cream pail to save them for bait for later that night.

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    While telling the story I hit the wrong button and it posted, oops.:embarassed:
    Then I went to edit and wrote it all down and I was being interupted with phone calls during the edit and I get a time out, so I loose the whole story.:angry:

Well any way I get to the river and I can't go to my favorite spot cause someone is there. So I go down river to this spot I have graphed fish at in the past to give it a try.
    I put a whole goose liver on a size 10 kahle hook that JW gave me at NG1, to try. On my other line I have a size 3 kahle and a piece of goose liver.
    Right before dark I get a big one on the small hook, though it comes off before I get it to the boat, darn. Then the rod with the large hook starts getting slammed on, then it takes the drag so I fight that one in I managed to get that one in the boat about 22-25 lbs. and over 36 inches long. All my goose liver is gone so I load the hook up with guts and cast it out to the same spot. About fifteen minutes later same thing, I get that one in the boat as well and it could have been a twin to the first one.
    I also managed to get in one about 6 lbs. on the small hook. I cpr'ed the large ones and kept the small one for an eater.
    With the help of that hook from JW and the goose guts my PB went up a little, Thanks JW. Though I still kick my self for not buying one of those digital scales at the gathering.
    I will post pics of ducks and fish as soon as I get them sized.

3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Heres some pics,
    It is tough to get good pictures when you fish alone.

Attached Files:

4. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Heres one more, the last little guy of the night.
    I wish I could have stayed out longer, as long as they were bitting.
    Though I had to work in the am, I went in around 12:00 am.

Attached Files:

5. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good job, those are some great fish.It seems like cats just like anything bloody.

Keep up the good work!

6. Cat King

Cat King New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Those are some nice cats man:smile2:

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    nice looking fish i wonder if deer liver would work as well ill have to save some an try it thanks for the pics

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That's awesome, Dave, my grandmother would be proud of you. She was always finding a purpose for something that would normally be thrown away. Even better that it worked as catfish bait! Good catch, and thanks for posting. :smile2:

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Dave on the nice Cats! Keep on posting your results using various animal parts for bait!

10. catcatcher311

catcatcher311 New Member

State:
    Ne
    Cool pics and nice fish sounds like I will have to freeze me some of those guts this fall and winter.

11. nitro

nitro New Member

State:
    Dover, TN
    Nice catches. Sounds like two great days on the water.

12. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sounds like you had a good time,congrats on your P.B.

13. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats on the catch.