Great Weekend

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by nOct3rn4l, Jul 13, 2009.

1. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well Christy and I had what i consider a great weekend for us Fishing, friday night i went out fishing alone and did good i thought, i ended up catching 5 Flatheads that weighed 3.0-2.9-5.2-7.5-7.9, it was a Blast!!
    Then Saturday Night Christy and I went out we ended up catching 5 more Flats and 1 Channel, the weights were 5.12-5.0 Flatheads for Christy Plus she Caught a Nice Channel that was 7.12, it was awesome to see her fighting that Channel it didnt want to come to the Bank. lol The fish for me saturday night were 5.3-12.11 and 16.11 all flatheads, all fish were caught on rod and reel with Greensunfish and all fish were put back in the river to be caught again someday.
    I wish it wouldnt have started to rain Sunday morning cause i think if we coulda put in a few more ours till it got light out we would have had a couple more nice ones but the rain ran us off.
    If you want to check the fish out, I put the pics in my profile.
    I cant wait till this weekend, hopefully there still biting good, we had alot of fun!!

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Shawn, Sounds like you 2 had a great trip and the pics look good thanks for sharing the story an thanks for telling me where the pics were.

3. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Good job Shawn!

Were they smashing it, or tug-tugging the pole?

Any before dark???

Good luck next weekend:wink:

4. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
    I guess Smashing it, well they would pick it up and just start running with it and no playing around, I missed one cause it happens so fast he pulled my pole down good, and the drag clicker went off for a few seconds and by the time i went for the rod it straightend back out and the bait was gone.
    I didnt get to try daylight fishing cause we were having to much fun messed around catching bait.

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Great trip Shawn and Christie. I envy you and that lil river.
    The pressure on my river has jumped 10 fold this year and the fishin is takin a nosedive.:sad2: The crackheads and drunks seem to be thicker too.:smile2:
    I need to make it up there to go fishin with ya again pretty soon.

6. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
  7. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nice haul! Sounds like a couple great trips!! :big_smile:

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    What a night that was....Good job to both of you.....Thx for the pictures.

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats Shawn and Christy. Its always fun to catch flatheads. No matter what the size. Id rather catch one 3 lb. flathead than ten 2 lb. channels. :big_smile:

10. duane kingsbury

duane kingsbury New Member

State:
    kansas
    I am going to try to get to the river Sat. nite myself. May go on the saline by tescott. heard they were catching some flats there. maybe we can get together some evening and do some nite fishing.
    Duane

11. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan

Who catches 2lb channels:confused2::smile2::smile2:

Oh i do and I love it.:big_smile:Well I might catch a few bigger than that from time to time but someone has to keep those cats honest in the lakes.

Keith you keep chasing them flats and leave all them da!! pesty channels for me to have to deal with.:wink:

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Dont get me wrong Tom, its fun catching channels. Im glad to catch anything these days. Flatheads to me are just more elusive, and I find I get a greater satisfaction out of catching them. They are very difficult to catch in most lakes. Alot easier to catch in the river. :big_smile:

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    No offence takin:cool2:

I knew what you were trying to say.

Everyone has there own favriote fish and style.

I would rather catch 50 channels from 2lbs -20lbs a trip than set and wait for one 60lb fish to take a picture of. Been there done that.Now I like little fish:big_smile:

14. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    I just want to catch somethin with wiskers.:sad2::smile2:
    Thats the beauty of this site, we all fish differently. From the places we fish, to the fish we are after, to how we go after them.
    Spend a lil time with everyone and you can be a well rounded catman.:wink:

15. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I cant even catch bait anymore.:angry:

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Kyle put a can of tuna on the back deck and you will get something with wiskers in know time..:smile2::smile2:

I'm already a well "rounded" catman:sad2: Last time i checked the scale said 275lb:smile2::smile2::embarassed:

17. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    :smile2:
    Im well rounded too.:smile2: It sure aint helpin the fishin though.:sad2::smile2:

18. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
    Christy and I caught 42 Green Sunfish today after work on rod and Reel now we cant wait till friday Night! Common weekend. Lets Fish!

19. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Trade ya 12 bluegill for 6 greenies.:wink::smile2:
    Damn bluegills overpopulated my pond.:sad2:
    Good luck!

20. liltroy

liltroy New Member

State:
    Salina, Kansas,
    where you going shawn can i get ahold of you. ill probly catch some gills friday and head to new cambria