Great weekend at Calaveres

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by el-de-saspamco, Jan 15, 2008.

1. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    My wife gave my son (Kevin) and I a guided fishing trip for our birthdays this weekend, Mine was on Sunday and Kevin will be on the 30th. Now folks, I've been out to cali many times over the years and never did better then 2-4 fish per trip,(bank fishing) so I bought a boat in hopes of increasing our chances but we didn't do much better (probably would help to use a motor huh?)lol anyway back to my story, We contacted Cliff Hill (HillCountryFishin) and met with him Sunday morning. This young man is a true professional, the minute we met him he was very personable and acommendating. Cliff took the time to explain a lot of what he was doing and TAUGHT us how to fish, and we got our limits within four hours. He took two wannabe's and turned everything around for us. This is a birthday I will never forget. I have some pics Cliff sent me, I'd love to share them with you but I have 'dial-up' and may take a couple of days to upload them.lol
    Thanks to Cliff we had a great fish fry too and made us look real good with the family especially the wife. My two y/o g/son (fishin buddy in training)started saying "fish fish" when he saw the pics, so I know he's waiting to go out too!
    BTW Kevin is still grinin' ear to ear!!! thanks Cliff

Rubes

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Fishing is like most things. A lil help can steer a person in the right direction. It's not to say that it can't be figured out alone, for me I needed and still do need all the help I can get. Thats why I hang out here at the BOC,,,moochin information.:eek:oooh:

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    thanks for the post welcome to boc from ohio cute little fella there rick

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Glad to hear u had a good time on ur bday there Ruben, i hope to get out w/Cliff also real soon so i can learn a thing or two about that lake & fishing it in general. Thanks for the report, WILLCAT

5. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    no problem there Willcat, I just had to share with the BOC my experiance. Cliff's a good man and he'll treat you well and also makes sure you have a good time. Sorry this ended up here, I ment to put it in Tx/lakes but I don't know if I can move it. Kevin and I are going to see if we can't book again with Cliff in March or sooner, we really got a kick out of catching doubles many times. Kevin done made me get the boat out and ready but I'll be darn if I'm paddling out that far, last time we were out in the boat w/b-i-law was in October and I'm still trying to recover. ** word of advice folks, don't go rowing unless you know for sure the wind isn't going to pick-up LOL** we went to Braunig's North Shore and crossed to the left of the plant, took us about 15 minutes, got swept back accross to the bridge in like 5 minutes all while we were rebaiting. We had some good bites, we then decided to head back to our vehicles and it only took us about 2 1/2 hours all the while fighting that wind.

Rubes

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i think u might need to look on craigslist for a small motor for that john ruben, even a small 5hp would work in the wind on that lake, sure beats rowing ur arms off!!!!lol Seriously, there are some cheap ones on there that will do the job though!!!