Great week ahead!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathead willie, Jul 13, 2006.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a cousin, Dave, who was always more like a brother. (I lost touch with my mother's side of the family thru some moves, deaths, and other events in 1975 and didn't find them again until 2002.) Well, Dave is living in Irving, Texas but he will be coming up here this Saturday with his two boys, Conner & Kevin, ages 9 & 11, to spend some time on his way to his mother's house in Pocono, Penn. I have rented a pontoon on Smith Mountain Lake and for the second time I'll be taking the kids out fishing. Last year I helped them catch their first fish ever on the James River near my house. We had a great time and I can't wait to do it again. Last year they caught some Bream, Red Eye, and Smallmouth. This year I hope I can put them on some big Catfish or some Stripers.
    Kevin has Cerebral Palsey and is blind so they don't get to do this kind of thing back home. It's a full time job with one very active child and one special needs child. I've been trying to get Dave hooked up with the BOC so maybe they can find someone down in Texas to take them fishing once in awhile. When they get here I'll show Dave around this site and I'm sure he'll be as addicted as I am. Dave grew up living with our grandfather who was a dedicated woodsman and fisherman from Canada and tought us how to fish when we were real young. This is going to be so much fun! I can hardly wait for them to get here.
    Thanks for letting me share my excitement with all of you.

2. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Sounds like a nice week ahead. Reps to ya for taking kids fishing.

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I hope ya'all have a great time. You're doing a good thing.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother that sounds like a great time and I am glad you are getting to spend some time with lost family. Make sure to take some pics.

5. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Wish I could be there to see the stinkbait-eatin' grin on your face while you are out with the boys.

Enjoy!

6. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    I just got back from the store and stocked up on tackle. Now I've got plenty of hooks, sinkers, bobbers, line, jig heads, stink bait, more nightcrawlers for the basement worm farm, and new film so I can get plenty of pictures. It's time to fish!

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    You're doing a wonderful thing taking those boys out - they've got to be very excited as well and prolly love every minute of time they spend with you.

8. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Dave and the boys are in Nashville and will be here tomorrow. Nine year old Conner wanted to know if there were any turtles where we will be fishing. He caught a musk turtle last July that he wanted to keep as a pet. I convinced him that the turtle would be much happier in the river with his friends. Every time I've talked to him since, Conner wanted to know if his turtle was still there.

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Sounds like a good week to me. Try extra hard to have some fun!

10. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    i know ya'll are going to have a blast Billie...catch one for me cause i gotta work all weekend

11. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Chris, you ought to take Monday off and go with us. We'll be at Bridgewater Marina at 8:00am and be out on the lake until about 6:00pm. We'd love to have your company.

12. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    man ...i'd love to but with the bills piled up after everything i got to work as much as possible right now...even Linda is getting upset that i'm working so much

13. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Billie,you are going to have a blast with family and that my brother can't be beat..:big_smile:

14. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey Billie, Your a good man and tops in my book brother! I wish all you guys a fun day!

15. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Wishing you good luck on your fishing outting. It sounds like you have everything planed out so now it is up to the catfish.

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Billie I want to comend you for doing such a great thing. I know it will be great to see your friend Dave again ,but what you are doing with those boy's is real special. You will always have a spot in thier hearts. Especially the boy who can not see andI think that it is great that you go out of your way to make him happy. You know God is smiling down on you. REP POINT to you brother for being such a great guy. GOD BLESS