Great weather this weekend.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by catfish77, Jul 20, 2007.

1. catfish77

catfish77 New Member

State:
    Mo (St. Charles area)
    Hope everyone gets to enjoy it and catch some fish. I'm going sat night, and if its good, I'll probaly go on sun to. Ive been fighten through the heat this past month, and that aint no fun. Unless your catchin fish(which i wasn't). Just got a new pole, and can't wait to break it in. Speakin of which, How much line is not enough or too much for reels. Just wondering what everyone thinks. Lets see some more pic of pb come mon....:wink::wink:

2. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    yes supposed to be low humididty all weeknd i hope everyone does good out there

good luck to ya all

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Everybody have a great weekend. It depends on what kind of reel, I would say that to reel line up till you get 1/8 to 3/16 from the end of the spool.

4. catfish77

catfish77 New Member

State:
    Mo (St. Charles area)
    Thanks miller. I'm thinking more or less of fighting a big fish. I have not hooked a big one yet. Just how much line I'll need to fight him.

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Depends on the current and the size of the fish. If you're on the Missouri river fishing off the end of a dyke or a hole in the main channel, lots of line may be required if you get a good one on:smile2:

The biggest one I've caught was just over 40# and I caught him on an inside bend sandbar where the current was fairly tame and didn't need much line at all. I'm also running 65# braided line, so I tend to keep my drag fairly stiff and not give them much slack if I can help it.

Good Luck!

Branden

6. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Cool weather will be a treat for us. The cats are done with the spawn, and SHOULD be eating like crazy right now. Maybe the cold water will wake them up a bit.

I have a new stick of dynamite that I can't wait to use. :)

CP

7. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I'm in Omaha, NE for the weekend and it *IS* nice out there. I hope all you in MO are enjoying the weather and catching those nice ones.