Great way to finish a season

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by katcatchingfool, Jul 17, 2006.

1. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    some of you fellow brothers and sisters know already im getting surgery on my elbows july 20 so yesterday was probably my last day on the river (they said 12 weeks to heal) and what a night, i took my wifes cousin with me and we had a blast i know we caught over 200lbs of fish on rod and real. my cousin catching his biggest to date a nice 12 lb blue and two 10 lb flatties and several others i caught a 45lb and a 35lber blue and my largest channel for the year the channel weighed 16 lbs and to kick it off the 45lber was tagged im going to call it in and do my part in conservation , i will never forget last night as long as i live as for as pics the only camera we had was on bigkats cell phone i dont know if they turned out to good maybe he will post them for me

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Way to go and good luck with the surgery!!
    Salmonid

3. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hopefully you took pictures and while you are recouping from surgery you can look at them and remember the moments.Good luck with your surgery.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sounds like a great night fishing. Hope your surgery goes well and wish you a speedy recovery.

5. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    thanks guys im sure the surgery will go just fine im more worried about being caged up like an animal and not getting out and fishing and missing opening day of archery season (dang it)

6. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    You are right...that is the way to finish the season. Wait...is there a season? Ifish year round bro. Hurry and get better and get back at those blues.

7. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    i love catching blues but my true love is sitting 20 feet obove a worn out deer trail between a known bedding and feeding area or a good funel,when oct 1st comes around thats were ill be intil jan 14 so for me there is a season

8. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    oh by the way i called dnr and they told me the fish was caught in that same place over 2 years ago in a net and the fish weighed 30 lbs i told the guy it grew over 15 pound in a little over 2 years he said the fish was caught in post spawn and brobably lost some weight before they caught it he didnt seem to surprised obout the 15 pound in a little over two years, i thought that seemed like alot

9. mobowhtr

mobowhtr Member

State:
    MO
    I hope the surgery gos well and mid oct still gets you back before the peak of the rut. best of luck to you

10. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Sounds like you guys had an awesome night. I hope the surgery goes well, and hey, it sounds like you should be healed by late October, so don't call your season over just yet:wink: .

11. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sounds like a great night to remember for a spell. After the surgery, concentrate on the things that you "can" do to fill in the time required for the healing process. Keeping your mind off things you can't do, and on things you can, will help the time pass easier. I learned this the hard way after a medi-vac flew me from Vietnam, back to a hospital in Charleston S.C. where I spent nearly nine months recovering. Start thinking of things to do now. Good luck to you on your surgery, take care, Jack.

12. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Was a great way to end the year! Too bad its over so quickly. :sad2: Good luck with the surgery, hope everything turns out ok for you!

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good luck on the surgery! You can still be a fishing guide! Take kids or some buddies and show them your expertise!:smile2:

14. BigKat24-7

BigKat24-7 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Katcatchingfool knows his stuff! That's a heck of a way to end the year for you! Don't worry though i will use everything you taugh me to pull in some big ones while you are on the DL! I am working on clearing up the pics because they are a little blury because there was not much light yet and both pics are of the 45lb tagged Kat!

Attached Files:

15. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    just kill a big buck or 2 quick and then a doe for meat if you need and you are set for fishin again :)
    come october ill be seein less water as well :) deer hunting is the best with a bow

16. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    good job. I hope you heal fast. We need all the bow hunters we can get to thin out those deer.