Great warm winter

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman529, Jan 7, 2007.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    this winter has been great for me, highs have been in the 50s and 60s. the other day it reached around 70. bass fishing is pretty good at the feeder creek when the water rises a foot or two. haven't caught a cat since october (man I need more bait, where are those bluegills hiding) but if it stays warm I hope I have some luck. one concern is that a few trees are starting to bud, and if we happen to get another freeze before spring, it could destroy those trees. hope the rest of our winter is good here in TN, who else around here is having an unusual winter?

2. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Weather has been great in So.Illinois also. Would like to see it stay this way to spring. If anyone can find that fat lady that sings; we would need to gag her:0a4: so she can't sing. Looking forward to spring 2007 and catfishing.:0a23:

4. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Same here, Jon. We're forecast for the 50's through this coming week and the sun is nice and warm, but if that wind blows (like today).... brrrr!
    S'posed to be the same tomorrow, but hopefully calm on Tuesday for fishin!
    Glad you're enjoying this season and still fishin! My husband caught some nice flathead last time we went out, last Tuesday, but I got skunked :eek:oooh:
    Better luck next time! :smile2:

5. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    i dunno. i guess im the minority here, but I like my winters cold. highs in the 40's or 50s lows in the 20's or 30's is winter to me here in bama. all this crazy weather, 70 degrees in january just isnt natural. drives me nuts. weve had maybe 15 days total since november where the highs have been in the 40s like they should be. they're forecasting 76 on saturday.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/tenday/35244?from=36hr_topnav_sports

im tellin ya, we used to get a good dusting of snow at least once a year here when i was a kid, and i even remember the blizzard of '93. past six or seven years, i havent even seen a dang flurry. this crazy weather is really convincing me that global warming is real and here to stay.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Yeah, this weather is crazy! I should be ice fishing in early January during a normal winter. Instead the temps. have been averaging in the 50's for a long time now. I think its finally going to get colder around here this week. I spent a bunch of money on new ice gear for this winter. The question is will I get to use it???:eek:oooh:

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I beliene it is getting ready to change here in Mo. If ya don't like it stick around. It will change.

8. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    seems like the whole country is having a record warm winter. I heard that NY got up to 70.

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Weave been settin all kinds of records up here in the mountains where i live. It got up to 62 sat. and weve only had 2 inches of snow, we are usually knee deep in snow by now. Our normal daytime temps this time of year are around 30 with lows in the teens at night. Were running 15 to 20 degrees above normal, since November.

10. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    We've been having some crazy weather in pennsylvania also but today i checked my thermometer and it was 35.6 degrees the temp really feel hopefully it doesn't destroy all the trees.