Great Trip w/ DCastle (and new PB Flat)

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by BKS72, Aug 6, 2007.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Hooked up with Dale and his son John this evening for a ride on the river by Kaw Point. Dale wanted to get some pictures of downtown from the MO and to see how to catch bait. We got on the water about 7 and went up the Kaw to get some bait. Had one carp jump in the boat and caught 1 decent shad. We headed back out to the MO to do some fishing and take some pics. Dale wanted to stop at a spot where he had a good view of the skyline, so we anchored off and put a couple of rods out. We'd just sat down and one of the rods layed over and started losing line. I finally got the fish to the boat (John turned out to be a quick study on the net) and we got a nice flat in the boat. I'm guessing he'd go between 40 and 50. There's a pic of me holding him up with John beside me attached. Got that fish turned loose and sat back down and the other rod took off. By now John had the net down pat and we boated a blue that would go between 15 and 20 (got in a hurry to leave this evening and forgot my stupid scales:eek:oooh: If anybody has an idea what that flathead weighs from the pix, I'd appreciate it. I'm 6'1" and 270, if that helps...:smile2:!)

Anyway, pretty good trip. Met a couple of great guys, caught bait, turned the bait into nice fish within an hour, and I'll be in bed before midnight. Couldn't ask for much more on a Sunday evening! Dale, thanks again for picking that spot!

Branden

Attached Files:

2. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Good looking fish Branden

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I would say thats about right 45-50 lbs good job

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Man, Great Fish Branden. Made it look easy that time.

Wish it always worked like that! Well maybe not, that would take some of the excitement out of it. :smile2:

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Nice one Brandon! Looks to be somewhere in the 40's.

Did you guys happen to drive down by La Benite?

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Very nice fish, congrats on the catch.

7. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think your guess is about right....between 40 and 50 #s! Great job..you make it look easy!

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Great Fish Branden. Nice Work Bud. I'd say shes around the 40-45 mark also. Thx for sharing the story and the photos.

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Doug, we put in at Riverfront, ran up to the Kaw, and weren't maybe 1000 yards from the mouth of the Kaw on the MO. Pretty funny. We picked the spot more for the view of the skyline than for the fishing. I'm now a firm believer in taking a photographer fishing! :wink:

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    nice fish, I would say 40-50lb but I never have caught one that big so :confused2:

11. whiskers9512

whiskers9512 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thats one nice flat, Sure wish it was the night before thought when we went out!:big_smile:

12. Wolvrine

Wolvrine New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    Great Fish Branden...another of the best kind of story...successful!! But you said it...just bein' there with great company...the fish were "icing"!

13. cat stalker

cat stalker New Member

State:
    missouri
    Very nice fish. Its really nice when a trip like comes together having fun and catching fish.

14. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Great fish man...love to tie into a big boy like that...congrats...

John