Great tasting Dove

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by catfish slick, Jan 28, 2007.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    The way I dress my dove, when I come in from a days hunt. I just skin them, then cut the wings off, then just pull the breast off, wash them up and soak them in water over night in the fridge. Then the next day I take my pocket knife and hold the breast in my left hand and cut down the center of the breast bone and kind of filet one side of the breast off rib cage then I cut down the other side and filet that side off. after soaking over night this is real easy to do and leaves you with two pieces of boneless dove breast. This makes them much easier to cook, are to store in the freezer.
    Now to my recipe
    A couple of hours before I B.B.Q them. I put them in a bowl and dust them with a little Garlic season Salt, and Lemon paper sea-song salt. then just enough Worcestershire Sauce and Soy sauce to wet them. Then when I get them ready for the B.B.Q, I take a small piece of Jalapeno pepper, "not to big of a piece are they will be to hot" and place it between two pieces of dove breast and then wrap it with a half a slice of bacon, then hold them together with a tooth pick and place them on a Cookie sheet, then I coat them with brown sugar. and stick them in the oven just long enough to Melt the brown sugar. Then I finish them in the B.B.Q. I fixed some last night and also did some mushrooms the same way and they tasted great.

2. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Phillip thanks for sharing.
    I don't dove hunt anymore but that doesen't mean that I don't like reading about it.
    Anyway thanks for posting it.

3. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the answer John. That was the last of my Dove from last year, I never even got a license this year. I Have bad lungs and didn't get to hunt this year. This is the first year I can remember that I never dove and quail hunted. I guess I will just have to depend on my boys for any birds I get from now own. That is the pits.