great state of north carolina(slobberknocker)

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by cobra, Aug 29, 2008.

1. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    just to let you know how it is in nc
    when you buy that state permit to fish , that money goes into the general funds, as is everything else, then put out as they see fit with most of that money going downeast, for salt water guys and big time duck hunters

we have a real problem here in nc, the wildlife dept is a stepson to the rest of the people that run this state except for the downeast bunch, but we just keep voting in the same old tired people, just go down on highway 64 and you can see places where money has been spent for bears, they put tunnels under the road so the bears can get to the other side, as though a bears gives a flip.

i think the wildlife guys need a budget that comes direct from people paying to hunt and fish, not from general funds, that is why i haven't hunted in nc for 30 years, and if wylie was all in sc, i would never buy a permit to fish in nc, heck they don't have enough money to put fuel in trucks and boats from greenesboro west, except in the mountains where those slimy trout live

2. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    some of the ramps that the state " TOOK OVER" in the last couple years on the neuse are in terrible shape. They aren't spending any money to fix them but I bet they spent a million dollars for the signs they put up at the ramps.

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    The freshwater boat ramps in Eastern NC for the most part are a joke. The only ones that are decent are NE Cape Fear ramps, Waccamaw River ramp(just redone), and Sutton. All the others are pretty bad. Every dang saltwater ramp though is pristine.

4. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    DOWN EAST AND SALT WATER GUYS FOR THE BIG STICKS, same thing is going on in sc now saltwater guys get it all now, heck we don't even have check stations anymore for deer hunting, they can't afford to spend the money anymore

5. yellowcat

yellowcat New Member

State:
    Hot springs, NC
    I'm sure alot of money is spent on those slimy trout, actually they are less slimy than catfish, but I'm glad to have trout near home so I can fish in the winter. Of course if I lived in the central part of the state I'd be mad, no trout or salt water without a long drive.:angry:Tenn is spending thier $$$$ on sturgeon.:smile2:

6. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    We have all new docks on LKN, LH, LR and maybe others, wonder how that happened.

7. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well all you need to do is look around the shore line, its called $ MONEY, money talks while the rest of us walk

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I've heard rumblings about the state now renewing is lease on the Town Creek ramp after this year. That is gonna really upset me:angry: It's my favorite bass spot new Wilmington and it's a good spot for cats although I can't seem to figure it out. The only other ramps are way back up in shallow creeks and are dirt ramps at that. Hopefully they don't do away with it. There is also talk of tearing down the boat ramp on down town Wilmington on the Cape Fear, but if I understand correctly they are going to build another one about a quarter mile upriver. Hopefully if they build another one they might actually make it where you can put a boat on the trailer at low tide without worrying about falling off the end of the ramp.

9. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    What about Lake Hickory, Lake James, Lake Lookout, Mtn. Island Lake and Lake Rhodhiss, plus maybe some others. Money does not hurt, thats a fact.:wink:

10. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    just follow the money!!!!!!!
    look at wylie! one spot and it was built by duke power, who the heck would go to copperhead, you put your boat in there come back in and your truck is a wreck
    mt island is right beside million dollar homes, norman need i say more
    lake james who cares its all money on that lake, i have a friend that has a 5,000 sq foot home on that lake, hickory its ok but you see the money in the homes going up, i didn't fall off a turnip truck yesterday, working man has no chance and is at the mercy of the money guys
    it all depends on location of the lake, who owns land close by,