GREAT Penn deals at Walmart.com

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by JBrooks, Aug 19, 2009.

1. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Not too sure if Wal-Mart has any idea what they're selling, but I just found these two combos with the SitetoStore offer (means they'll ship it to a close store by you for free) for dirt cheap! I'll be ordering the 220 GTO, definitely.

The 220 GTO combo is only $70.00, that's less than the reel costs alone. :smile2:

320 GT2 combo is apparently attached to a Penn Slammer 6'6" 20-50lb. Line Rated Rod with 6 eyelets. For $106.00. :smile2: The reel brand new is $100.00.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10298927#BVQAWidgetID

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10298926#BVQAWidgetID

Seems like a steal to me!

/ James

2. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It probably is not the case, but I would check the specs against what you are expecting and make sure they are the same. Walmart has enough buying power to order custom models that only walmart carries that are cheaper but often not the same. I'm not sure if they do this for reels but they do a lot for electronics. I remember when I bought a TV a few years back Walmart had a tv made by the same company, same size and looked exactly the same as mine but the model number was one letter different. It was $100.00 cheaper but did not have as many features.

3. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Yeah, I know about this. My Mom is a co-manager at the Wal-Mart around here, and she said the same thing. The Penn Slammer Rod attached to these have the same serial number of the "originals", and those even retail at $50.00.

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea i seen those steals too whod have known that walmart sold good fishing stuff on line and CRAP in the stores they have some high $$$$ reels too. but yea they got a 7000 combo pretty cheep too:crazy: walmart sits on alot of stuff sence they buy in large #s to get it cheep so when they sit on stuff for so long they clearence it off to get rid of it.

5. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    I didn't think wal mart sold these at all I'm definitly checkin into em. thanks for sharing

6. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I have a Penn slammer pole and 2 different reels and love em all. The 220 combo sounds like a screamin deal. Best of luck.

:cool2: