Great Pee Dee river 3 5 08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well folks, since I was at the river Saturday, things are starting to jump. I put in at the Cheraw landing today. The water temperature was right on the magic 54 degrees. The shad have apparently arrived as my fish finder was black with fish up and down the river. I hear the shad net guys are doing their thing. I saw two pontoons with some serious looking fishermen and gear, maybe some of our group. One boat had caught four, and I saw the guy on the other pontoon hold up a nice one. Don't know how many others he had. They were using shad as bait. I was more or less shaking my boat down and looking around. I still can't catch any bream yet, so I hope to seek out some shad tonight and be on the river early in the morning. I guess this cold snap coming may set the bite back, but I am going to be there at every opportunity.
    Bill in Bennettsville

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good luck Bill let us know how you do.

3. meclaydog

meclaydog New Member

State:
    sc
    first let me say hello to all who are here on this forum but now to my need( notice how someone always needs something) i live in lugoff which is near columbia and do mostof my atfishing in wateree and congaree rivers and have done fairly well but i think im ready to tackle the big nasties that make big pee dee thier home just wondering from here whats the closest landing on ig pee dee that is known to house the big boys thanks to whoever has my answer and hope to have reports and pics soon

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Clayton welcome to the BOC. The Pee Dee has many great boat landings but the closest to you would probably be Society Hill and there are and have been many huge flatheads and blues come out of there. Be careful cause there are rocks in the river. The further south on the river you travel the narrower and deeper the river gets and the fishing is great. In my opinion the monthe of April is 1 of the fastest paced months for catching fish for mainly the blues. I havent fished it in awhile but I usually do quite a bit of my fishing there and hope to have alot of good reports.

5. meclaydog

meclaydog New Member

State:
    sc
    thanks james this site is really what ive been looking for alot of great info here i am not really a new fisherman but i have just started really going quite often( really not work and 3 kids say no way) but i try to get ahook wet when i can i will try to get down to society hill on good friday with my brother maybe we can land a couple trophies biggest ive landed is tad over 40lb blue at packs landing by the train tracks was cold winter day so no real fight lol ill keep intouch and let everyone know how we did and again thanks