Great Pee Dee 3 29/30

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Met up with fellow forumee, Johnboy, at Blue's landing at around 4 pm yesterday. Headed down river about 10 miles. Stopped along the way to add a few bream to my dozen or so. It seems we averaged at least one bream a minute until we had plenty. John also brought fresh bluebacks, and some river herring. Had no trouble finding fish last night. We caught an assortment of several blues, a few flatties, and one channel. 58# total. Didn't set the night on fire, but the bite was pretty good. We missed a few due to being over anxious picking the rods up before they loaded up, but we caught some nice fish. Really enjoyed John's company and look forward to our next adventure!

Attached Files:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    One more pic.

Attached Files:

3. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    sounds like a great time fishing Bill......Congrats and thanks for the report

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks, Robbie. I forgot to mention that the water temp was over 70 degrees.

Bill in SC

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Bill did you sleep through April? LOL.:wink: Look forward to meeting you Johnboy. Nice day on the river with good catches. The big boys dont bite all the time.
    Later

6. johnboy

johnboy New Member

State:
    Columbia SC
    Bill I couldn't have had a better time, and I look forward to many more trips with you....guitars and all!

7. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Probably a stupid question, but what's the difference between a blueback and a river herring?

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    looks like ya'll had a good night bill..........i look forward to coming that way sometime this season

9. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Looks like a good night there Bill. When you get some fish it's almost never a bad night:wink:

PS-How's those Nite Sticks working out for ya? Hope you're still liking them...hope I didn't steer ya wrong.

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great job glad yall got too hook up and do some fishin Hardcore Style.