Great night pre-fishing

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by stlcatman, Aug 24, 2008.

1. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Slipknot and I headed out to pre-fish the Riverbend tournament on Wednesday and I wound up catching my second biggest catfish. I hung into two other good fish that night that got off and we wound up catching around 200 lbs of fish. They were really biting light to say the least, just a few taps and then the rod tip would load up. Here are a couple of pictures of the fish, it weighed 59.6 lbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dennis boehm

dennis boehm Member

State:
    olathe kan
    looks like you guys had a good night. good luck in the tournament.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I hear ya, man! That's a GREAT lookin' fish! Congrats! Reps sent to you, not only for the fish, but for the magazine quality photo. So many people catch nice fish and have really bad pics. Kudos and reps for your catch and photo!
    Bill in SC

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Allrighty!!! Now, did ya talk it into coming back during the tournament?

5. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL

No but only if he could of came back.......

6. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    No we didn't even come close to a night like we had on Wednesday. We ended up with 62.7 lbs in 5 fish. There are a lot of great fisherman in that tournament trail and we learned quite a bit by just fishing in it.

7. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Great job Ryan. Good luck in the tournament.

8. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Just to let you know Ryan that was good enough for 6th place.

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That's right Ryan, 6th place, right behind Stitch and I and our 4fish!! :crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2::wink: (dang you stitch! loosing not one but two good fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

You're right though Ryan, there are alot of great fishermen that fish Justin's Tourney, it's definately not a walk in the park fishing against any of those guys.

Nice fish buddy, you must be doing it by the book now! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I appreciate all the compliments guys, but I'm really not that good... hehehe

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I appreciate all the compliments guys, but you guys do a pretty good job yourselves.. Keep up the practice and someday you'll be great catmen too...hehehe... Hey you walked right into that one../

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Thanks guys, and Bill I always do it by the book now!:smile2: I don't know about your partner though buddy. I guess I can see what he meant now when he said "she took it all"........ bait, hook and leader!:smile2::smile2: Tell the little guy not to feel bad about it though, it could of happened to anybody ONCE.:smile2: If it was my partner I would of thrown the book at him.

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations Ryan & Jason, Thats a dandy! Reps to ya both and good luck in the tournament :cool2:.

14. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Harold, I wasn't really referring to you per say.......but I'm glad you're so modest on your ability (or lack there of) to consistantly find fish! :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

15. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    OK so I lost two fish that would have put us in the money but maybe we should have kept the Dinks!!!! (dang you Rat!!!!!)

16. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Even if we would have kept one dink, you know as well as I do, none of those dinks weighed over 6 pounds!!!

17. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    ROFLMAO!!!!! Stitch still brings up a great point. I am still a little amused by it. (sorry Bill but I think you should tell the story):smile2:

18. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I was curious though, how many legal sized fish did you catch, oh and.....................how many did you weigh in???????:smile2:

19. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    You can bet that from now on "it's buy the book." Heck I'll have so much free time now that I don't have to worry about your little problems anymore and please put that birthday card in a "Vanilla envelope" when you send it to Rat's new friend.

20. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    I know but it's still funny.