Great night out!!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Cat Man Joe, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I got back a little while ago and had to tell you all about the great night I had. I went out after work, I work second shift, and got to the lake around 11:45. Tonight was the second time I got to try out my new r&r, an Abu 6000. I baited it with some cut gill and my other rod with Sonnys. I only caught 3 fish in about 3 hours but I caught my first fish, about a 4 or 5# channel on my new rod. I LOVE that thing!!! The reel that is. It casts great and reels in great. I gotta get another. lol I had another run on some more cut bait, an awesome run, the line was just peelin', but somehow I missed it that time. It was the first time I have caught anything on cutbait. Thanks to all who helped me out with that. I also got to see an awesome light show (lighhtning) from about 50 miles away or so. Not a great night catching, I released the fish, but I had a great time!

2. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Cat Man congrats on your good night out , That cut bait has never let me down...hopefully those fish just keep getting Bigger and better for you!:smile2:

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nice report Joe! Keep 'em coming! Them lightning shows are cool as long as they are way off in the distance!:wink:

4. neal

neal New Member

State:
    ky.
    Joe glad you had nite out with the new rod and reel! Natures light shows are great to watch at night. Good Luck!:0a18:

5. x575599

x575599 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sounds like you had a goos night. The best thing about a new r&r is the anticipation of catching the first fish on it.

6. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Don't you just love catching that first fish on a brand new rod&reel.:big_smile:

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Glad you had a good night. New stuff is fun. I love that first fish on a new rig especially if it is a good one. Keep up with the cutbait. Day in or day out it produces better than most any other.

Cheez

8. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Congrats on your wonderful night out. Got to love those Abu's The big one is just around the corner.:smile2:

9. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the responces guys, and once again thanks to everyone who helped me out with cut bait and who led me in the right direction with the Abu. This is why I love this site!!!!!!:smile2:

10. frank1969

frank1969 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    congrads on the new r&r and catching one.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Way to go Joe.Keep those fishing stories comming. Congrats on the new equip.:big_smile: