Great night on the Ohio River

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by e'villeman, Nov 14, 2007.

1. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    had a blast on the ohio tonight ~ thanks the fishassasin and a few others they gave me a night on the ohio ~ fish were acting strange ~ guess it was cause a big on jumped on Fashassasins line and took off! bent his pole side ways and in just a few seconds ran all 140yrds of sting out of his reel!! it was amazing guys! i never seen that happen before wish we could have got a look at it~ still excited! |~Kudos Fishassasin on hookin' a Big'un maybe next time we might get her to shore

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think fishassasin got ahold of JW's submarine that has been sighted on the Ohio River in this area, and believe me it will do that to your rod and run all the line out, that last time I heard of that sub was about two years ago when it was coming up the river near Henderson, JW seen it then it was about 2 Am so I am sure its made it too Evansville by now, Just tell ol' fishassasin that he needs 2000 lb test cable to catch that thing. :eek:oooh:

I am glad you had a good time with him he is a good fishermen, JW taught him well. :big_smile:

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    He Hee......I bet he changes a few things :big_smile:

:wink:

4. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    Yea we got down there and they were hitting pretty strong at first ~ then like a switch they turned off, so we just sat around and talked awhile, i remember someone saying when the small ones stop biting a big'uns cruising around. suddently hit pole just kinda bent WAY OVER FAST!... Rofl i grabbed the night, and watched as he was trying to get it up. Then i heard for the very first time "He took my line...all of it!" Rofl kind stunned me, i figured the line just broke, but not plucked off the spool like that. We had a good time never the less. gotta go get some skips before tonight! seems like once your blood gets pumping kinda takes awhile for it to stop..HEHEHE

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    hey evilleman.... im still kinda shakin after that big guy.... he felt way bigger than that 60lb minnow i caught ... id say that fish was pushing in the 80's or even bigger. i might try to get out this evening. hopefully the boys will want to go for a bit.

6. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    went down to get me some skips but two guys were fishing down there and didnt want to disturb them (notice alot of people catfish down there)

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    any of you guys fishin tonight?

8. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Glad to hear you guys had a good night on the river. Was fishasassin using the pole with the 12 pound test again..lol If so tell him he needs to go up to at least 30 pound line minimum, anyway congrats on the good night of fishing. rspd507

9. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    Yup Biga just got back ~ seems like they all went on vacation or something not even a nibble, and yup he's still using 12 lb test i believe

10. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    Btw missed ya Biga cant wait to sit and chat with ya again ~ more the merrier

11. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    yes it sounds like your going to have to change up some things sounds to me like you had a big old flat on there to me i keep mine spooled with at lest 40lb test line then i can stade on the drag some if need be you just never know whats going to climbing on that line next

12. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    My brother and I went out today around noon on the Green at Spottsville Dam. The blues were in there thick. We ended catching about 12 or so in about 2 hours.

13. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    is that a very big area at the spottsville dam .... whats the bank fishing like ...any good?