Great night on the Ohio River!

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by KYfarmer, Jul 14, 2006.

1. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    I went out on the river last night about 6pm caught tons of shad, got the fish finder dialed in and marked some fish. The first spot I fished I had several good take downs and caught an 8# channel and a small flathead, I fished there till dark, then moved. I found alot of fish on the finder in another area so I tried there, I caught 10 flatheads out of that one spot from 2#-10#. My best night on the river so far.

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    well i went last night with a few gills and like 4 chubs, tryed for some shad and fished off the bank, was there for about 40 mins then lightning and stuff so we left :( no luck ALTHOUGH when i reeled in my big pole with a chub on it, my line was cut into, im guessing gar, didnt even see my pole bend, i was tight lining.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the catch,I'm glad to see their turning on.I'm abt 5 mins from the Ohio and haven't hit it this year(except to get shad) sounds like Its time!!!

4. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Thats great, congrats on the catches..I cant wait to get out on the Ohio again...Im ready to tear them up