Great night on loz wed for blue catfish and flathead catfish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfish Wizard, Jun 4, 2009.

1. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    Jdwizard and i went out wed about 630 pm we boated several blues had 7 keepers by 9pm some 5lb and some 2/3 lbs So we moved down the lake into 30ft water and it got crazy We forgot the net and the fight was on fishing with really small baits of cut shad we boated 35 lb blue ond 10lb blue 5lb blue 27 lb flathead it was so much fun with out the net landing those fish in the current Our hands were chewed up but we had a ball Both 35lb and 27lb flathead went right back in after jdwizard took pics Just a great night on the water again tempt 71 on top fish were all over the top of the water Fished with heads ,sides ,whole and chunks but they wanted very small peaces of shad about the size of your finger GOOD LUCK FISHING HOPE THIS INFO HELPS YOU ALL (RETURN THE BIG FISH TO FIGHT AGAIN:big_smile::big_smile:)

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sounds like you had a good night Danny. See you live in Independence also.

3. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    sweet! nice job guys!

4. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice job Dan! Hopefully this weekend will be productive, sucks that my sonar is down. Glad to hear you got into some nice fish and to top it off you even got a nice flathead. Keep it up! Chris

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like a great trip. Not sure about them blue cats nibblin on my fingers but if ya ain't got a net ya ain't got much choice. Second thought i would gladly donate some hide if i could.:wink: Plottin my next trip up there now.