Great Night of Fishing Saturday 10-06-07

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Catfish_John1979, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Catfish_John1979

Catfish_John1979 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio, U
    Well i decide to try and get a few more fishing trips in this year and a bunch of us went. Considering this was my Girlfriend's first flathead trip and the fact that there was 6 of us going... we went to a paypond close to my dad's house in cleves,oh(i know payponds are bad, but giving the fact that all my river spots are too small for 6 ppl and also having two women with us we decided we needed somewhere with alot of space and bathrooms!!! LOL but this paypond wasnt bad.. well kept. not abunch of drunks) we arrive around 8pm get setup and start fishing by 8:45pm. Around 11:30 the bite started. My GF was the first to hook up ... her first flathead ever... heheh less than a pound but a mean lil bugger i tried lipping him.. he bite the @@@@ out of me, 20 mins later... her she goes again... a lil bit bigger flattie... still less than a lb... but im gonna nickname him smiley. Around 12:15 my clicker starts singing and the battle is on... ended up being a 20lb flattie. rebait... recast... 1:00am my ZEBCO BOSS HAWG 808 COMBO'S bait alarm starts screaming(baited with nite crawler) The battle was on... 10-15 mins later my dad is netting my new PB 30lb Flattie... on crawler and a cheapo 20$ combo. Rebait recast.... of course after alot of hootin and howlerin' ....2:30am my dad's berkly glowstick bends double and he's hooked into a decent fish...few mins later.. i net his first flattie it was 16lbs...no sooner he gets his rod rebaited my clicker goes off... so this time i make sure the circle hook is set and hand it off to my step mom... few mins later... dad is netting a 8-10lb flattie... her first & PB flattie so far.... alot more hootin and howlern' we rebait and recast... we sit around for a bit and the bosshawg's bait alarm is sounding again... so this time... i set the hook and hand it off to my GF ... she fights it for a few and right as dad was about to net it... line pulls loose from hook(bad knot on my behalf SHAME ON ME was in a hurry)... so i retie .. rebait.. recast... all night between big fish being landed my gf is hammering this less than 1lb carp(not sure of what type but i know they werent common maybe someone can tell me from the pics that will follow)so i was using this lil carp as bait... one of the last ones she caught was about 1.5lbs... so on the hook he goes.... about an hour or so later.. my clicker goes off... so i make sure circle hook is set and hand it off to my dad... 5 mins later im netting his new PB 18lb flattie... all in all was a great night... not many ppl were catching fish... i guess using the right bait( Isreali carp) pays off... pictures to follow

#1 Shannon's First Flathead
    #2 Smiley Shannon's 2nd Flathead
    #3 Smiley #2

Attached Files:

2. Catfish_John1979

State:
    Dayton, Ohio, U
    #4 MY NEW PB 30LB FLATHEAD
    #5 SHANNON WITH MY 30LBER
    #6 MY 20LB FLATHEAD

Attached Files:

3. Catfish_John1979

State:
    Dayton, Ohio, U
    #7 DAD'S FIRST FLATHEAD 16LBS
    #8 DAD'S NEW PERSONAL BEST 18LBS
    #9 MICHELLE'S(STEP MOM) FIRST FLATHEAD 10LBS

Attached Files:

4. Catfish_John1979

State:
    Dayton, Ohio, U
    Heres pics of shannons carp

Attached Files:

5. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    It's a common carp, looks like 1 side is a little "mirrored" that is, the scales aren't regular, with patches of "skin." It's a genetic thing.

6. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Looks like you had a good trip even if you cheated and went to a pay lake.Just got back from a trip to Fl. for saltwater fishing where by number sailcats were the most caught fish for me.Didn't clean and eat any of them but will the next trip.
    Jake

7. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    looks like you had a good time what lake are all them fish from.

8. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I dont fish dollar lakes no more but i am amazed to see those small flatties you caught that the shovelheads might actually be nesting in a dollar lake?But maybe also put in by a fish farm.Glad you and your family had a good time.

9. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It is always more fun if you are catching fish. Glad you and the family had a good time.

10. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    John,
    Those are all some nice looking cats you all caught. I bet you all had a great time catching them. Ive had a couple good days on the Ohio here in S.E. Indiana but not that good. That lake looks very familiar to me, I'm sure ive been there. Anyway, congrats on the great catches.
    rspd507

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Congrats for all the fish caught. Could those two little flats be Bullheads instead? Just asking. And tell Shannon she don't need those pliers LOL, you need scars to show you are a flathead fisherperson LOL.

12. Catfish_John1979

State:
    Dayton, Ohio, U
    thanks for all the replys... i didnt post lake name.. cuze wasnt sure if i was allowed.. but it was julie ann... and those two small ones were defiently flatties... and about shannon not needing pilars... i was luck enough to get her to hold the 10lber lol... so i didnt push my luck with lil ones... those lil ones spines might of got her.. and she wouldve never held another...lol