Great Night Fishing

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by riverdawg-1, May 31, 2008.

1. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Went to Claytor lake again last night. It was a little windy and stripers were not on top alot. I catfished all night and caught a 4#, 7#, 8#, and 10# Flatheads and a new PB channel, 18 pounds. Caught all of them on live bluegills. The 18# channel camee from the exact same spot that I caught a 14# channel this past wed. It's a small flat with 1 fallen tree about 5-7 ft deep. I never see anybody fishing through there, and it's within sight of a public boat ramp.

chip

18 channel 001.jpg

18 channel 002.jpg

18 channel 003.jpg

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nice channel. Fishin the overlooked spots can be productive.:wink:

3. criggster

criggster New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like you had a good trip. I went down on the New yesterday for smallies, but it was TOUGH. It seems like most every weekend has bad weather!

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Reps to you, Chip, for a great day of fishing!

5. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Acouple of my buddys went to the New below rt 114 bridge and fished to the begining of the arsenal and had a tough day friday afternoon. I think they only caught 4 or 5 bass. Let me know if you want to meet up and hit Claytor, I've been taking my big boat up 1 or 2 times a week and catfishing until the the stripers come up on top and then fishing for them.
    chip

6. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Outstanding riverdawg keep up the good work

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Those are some very nice fish. thanks for sharing with us