Great Night (Finally)

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by pendog66, Jul 17, 2006.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    after i left my g/f house tonight i decided to take my lone bass pole.(i know, i know) because all of my bigcat stuff is in NC for when i go there friday for shark fishing. It is a spot where we caught multiple small channels during the day. But i decided to take frozen shad and shad guts and tight line. I would stand there and prolly no longer than 30 seconds a channel would hit. The river im fishing is not a big river at all its the Stillwater. First fish was the usual 2 pound channel. The next one was a little bigger around 4. Then it happened, the big boys came out to eat. Next fish tipped the scales at 10.4 pounds. Then the next at 11.6. After that i caught multiple 5 and 6 pounders. It was a real shocker to me that there are channels that big in the Stillwater. Sorry but i dont have the pictures at this time. But man what a night

2. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Way to go. Maybe the sharks will cooperate Fridays like the channels did. Good Luck.

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on a great night of fishing!

4. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Wow, sounds sweet.

5. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Bet those were pretty fun on that bass pole.

6. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    sound like you had a great night cant wait to see some pic congrats

7. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Finally? What does that mean? Haven't you broken your personal best flathead and smallmouth in only a few trips so far this year? :lol:

Seriously though, congrats on the great night. Is your shoulder ready for post spawn flatheads yet?

8. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    yes its ready to go, i got the sling off today. and the finally was for finally catching a lot of fish in one night

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nate, you have caught enough fish this year, time to stop and let me catch up!:lol:

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish brother, congrats on the catches. You are doing well this year.

11. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nate, now that your arm has healed, I am officially sending you the Mellon Curse which I have apparently been bitten with for the last 6 weeks, enjoy it my brother.. and dont forget, no "Tag Backs":big_smile:

Salmonid

12. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    sorry mark the curse didnt touch me today. I went out in the afternoon and got prolly 6 or 7 more with my dad. Largest around 5 or 6 pounds

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How many times do I have to say it: It was never the Mellon curse, it was the FLATHUNTER CURSE!