Great night at Alton

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by MOcatfish, Aug 31, 2009.

1. MOcatfish

MOcatfish Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had 1 of the best nights on the river of my life Saturday night. I took 2 buddies that have never been to the Mississippi before and they both caught thier PB. Total we had 300 + lbs in 25 fish with the 2 bigs of 48 and 44.... all were CPR and I will get some pics on here as soon as i figure out how...All of them came on fresh goldeye heads.

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

Wow great night man, can't wait to see the pics. I go to college with a buddy from Alton and have been dying to fish the Mississippi, looks like that would be a good area to fish. Congrats on the catches and getting your buddies on some fish.

3. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wow ya hit a good hole. The cut mooneye stikes again:wink:

4. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC and Congrats on a Great night of fishing!!!!

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Sounds like a good night of fishing!

Didn't see the BeeJay's team on the roster for the King Kat tournament Saturday...

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    First off welcome to the BOC Wayne. Congrats on a great night of fishing. Good to see you got your two buddies on their PB's.

Tom

7. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC, congrats on a good day of fishing. We fished there that morning and didnt even get a bite.

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC. Sounds like a lot of fun. Those days dont come often enough for me.

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats to you and your buddy on the fish. Welcome to the BOC.

10. free agent

free agent New Member

State:
    Indy/ Living in STL MO.
    I think the Alton area is the best area to fish.

11. MOcatfish

MOcatfish Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here are a few pics of the fish we caught last Saturday. I think i am going to make that 3.5 hr drive again in a couple of weeks and see if i can't get on them again....That was a great time

Attached Files:

12. MOcatfish

MOcatfish Member

State:
    Missouri
    Team BeeJay is no more since they got shut down for stealing some patent.

Jon and i are going to Alabama to fish the championship. That is some of our best and favorite fishing. We are going to go at it alittle different this time and spend much more time below the dams than just in the deep water suspend fishing. We are going to fish some of the fast water like we fish all the time in the Mighty Mo.......

13. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    We spent a couple of days in St.Louis, just came back thru yesterday and the cats are biting good all over that area. Mississipi river, Missouri river, Illinois river and Horseshoe lake are booming from everyone we talked to. Cut baits seem to be popular. Seen one guy at that Fica(?) station just accros the river from Alton with a nice stringer of fryers and 5-10 lbish cats, bout 20 of'em. Said he caught them right below the bridge(?) Missouri side. Guy on the river could fish there too with an Illinois license if he doesnt touch land on the Missouri side.

14. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    BeeJay's shut down? Man they've been around for a long time!

15. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like you all had a good night. Maybe one of these days Mike and I can tag along with you. How did you do yesterday? I'm headed to Ohio to stock up the freezer with some walleye fillets this weekend. Good luck if you make it out this wknd.

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wayne Welcome to the BOC. Enjoyed reading your report. Great job.

17. MOcatfish

MOcatfish Member

State:
    Missouri
    Last night i had about 3 hrs to go fishing and wanted to try some different water around Lexington. The first place a big slip current spot that looked awsome for a night time spot but only fished it the last 45 min of light and didn't get bit. Moved down to a outside bend pocket and caught a 3 #er and had the old slow take down and hold it, let go and then come back and hammer it......only to break me off for the second time in a week!!!! Must of had a nick in my line from the weekend trip......:angry: