great news!

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by noah, Mar 6, 2009.

1. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    well i just got to motor on the boat and put the muffs on and went and got 6 fresh gallons of fuel and cranked to yamaha over it fired up like i just took it off the water :smile2::smile2::smile2: so all i have got to do now is get a new beilge pump ($30) and the pvc to expell the water and it wouldnt hurt to get a new battery but that can wait and i have to put in ney 12v outlets i should do that saturday but as of now everything is going perfect :smile2::cool2: i am gonna try my hardest to get some pictures on here to let every one see

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Pictures definetely would be a great addition to go with the story!

3. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i will try but i can not promise :crazy:

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds like a deal! Great to hear all is ready, done pretty much th esame this a.m. just slipped on the muffs and fire like I new she would, (sta-bil is a good thing) bought me one of them Com-props, 4 blade stuck it on, cleaned out the damn cat hair and chit, (there is a cat with very limited time left on mother earth) was going to redo the rear anchor rope tomorrow and some other small things but when little shorty got home off the bus this afternoon she informed me that we WERE GOING STRIPER FISHING TOMORROW! LOL, So gonna go drag some cranks and new jigs I made this past winter, see ifn we can trick a striper into the fry'n pan :wink:....

Geee one nice warm day and you would think they opened the door at the county nut house, LOL. TIME TO FISH before the next SNOW STORM! :smile2: :tounge_out:

5. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    sta bil huh no i have never used and sta bil in the carb or tank i just dran the bowl by pulling the fuel line off and let it run till she dies and then start it again till nothing happins but yeah i bought the motor brand new at the end of the season last year so i was pretty sure it was gonna start plus i took the motor off and put it in the building if it dont get bad tomarrow i am gonna go weather it is in the boat of if it is gonna be on the bank it is killing me :smile2::cool2:

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    That is a practice that will cause ya head ache over time, dry out all the seals and gaskets.... I'm not saying to use sta-bil, I do, and always will in everything, have never had a problem with no starts or bad fuel in the 9 years now with this Merc 25, and all my small engines pop right off every spring..... but draining can catch up to ya down th road, the seal will/can dry out and shrink up and crack..... IMO anyway it is better to leave fuel in the system with some type of addetive.... Good Luck to ya if'n ya head out fishing tomorrow!

7. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i think that i will try that this winter i guess it makes since no fluids everything drys out thanks i will try it no need for a good motor to be broke down and new o rings and junk :roll_eyes::cool2:

8. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The guy that works on our boats for us told us to drain the system by letting the fuel run out of the carb as described above. He then fills the carb with some type of oil,fuel mix that makes the motor smoke like a stuck pig. This oil really lubes everything up and keeps real well throughout the winter. Sorry, I can remember the name of the stuff for the life of me. The guy really knows his stuff though. He is a certified tech at a local marina during the busy season.

9. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    where are you located if it isnt to far i could go take a look:cool2:

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds like he is just choking the engine out with heavy oil mix, or "fogging" the engine..... same deal, just as long as the seals and gaskets are not drying out, only difference using a fuel stabilizer is in the spring or your next trip you don't have to burn out all the extra oil and clean the plugs, :wink: anything is better than nothing correct? What ever works for ya, will definitely save money on carb gaskets every year....

11. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I dunno if that question was directed towards me but I am located in Mattoon. This guy makes house calls. he prefers to work on boats at the owners home so stuff doesnt accumulate in his garage. If you are close by this guy does really good work for cheap. Would be worth checking into

12. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    sounds like a plan yrah i am in herrin but if hes is good i can see about special trips and stuff who knows maybe pay a lil extra for his trip down :cool2::smile2:

13. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Herrin? No kidding? Do you know Dave Bionie? He lives in Herrin also. He has a place down on the Ohio by my parents cabin. He's one heck of a fisherman. Anyway, I have this mechanics info if you want it. I'm not sure if he would come all the way down there. He is very good at what he does, and very fairly price.

14. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    the name sounds very very familar but for some reason i cant put a fase with a name i know alot of people from were i used to work at maytag were around does he live here in herrin
    :smile2::cool2:

15. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois

Yeah, he lives in Herrin. He's probably getting close to 60. He spent time in the service, then was a coal miner for years. Great guy, really knows his stuff.

16. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    theres no telling i have talked to just about everyone in this lil town:cool2: