Great News For Elwood Resevoir!!

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bownero, May 7, 2008.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Yahoo! I heard on the news that ELWOOD RES. is supposed to receive water. Apparently once the Platte River reaches substanable levels, the water will be then transfered to Elwood. Not sure when, but looking at Central's Website it appears to be towards the end of this month. Hopefully they can put enough water into the lake in order to get boats on there. You can bet your bottom dollar I'll be there when the water is going into the lake. This means catfish, wiper and walleye action like crazy!! Stay tuned!!:wink::big_smile:

Thanks!!
    Mark..

2. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    WOW !!! That is great news hope they get enough to last the year !! I will be sure to keep watching thanks

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I will definently post on here to let you guys know when it happens! If you have the opportunity to make it to Elwood, please do so. When the pumps are running, the fishing is crazy and I do mean crazy. the catfishing is ridiculous, chances of catching a 20lb. channel is great odds. last year I caught several in the low teens, including a 15lb. channel on cut shad. stay tuned!!:big_smile:

4. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    oOoOoOoOo this might be my chance go to elwood for the first time?

5. huskerkat

huskerkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    That is really good news! Thanks for keeping us posted!

6. baldy804

baldy804 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    ya they turned the water loose outta the north platte here in wyoming yesterday so u should be getting water in the next few days we finnally got alittle water to spare mountain snows have been good this year happy fishing:wink: